Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

KOlmstead
Participant

Attributing Emails via GA4 Revenue

SOLVE

Hello!

I've been trying multiple times, but I need some help figuring out how to connect Google Analytics to HubSpot, if possible.

The goal is to track revenue for each email.

Unfortunately, our website isn't and won't be linked to HubSpot anytime soon.

Right now, I'm manually downloading HubSpot emails and exporting them to Excel.

Then, I have to extract certain fields in GA4 to match up HubSpot IDs with revenue, which takes up a lot of time.

Thank you for your assistance in advance!

2 Accepted solutions
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@BérangèreL and @KOlmstead the HubSpot integration for Google Analytics will only pull data in for HubSpot hosted websites.

The best way to report on revenue connecting GA4 to HubSpot data is to use a tool like Databox (the only external reporting I'd recommend in this case). This would allow you to connect both sources and create reports using both datasets.

You could do something similar with Power Bi or Tableau, both would be significantly more manual and require a certain level of expertise with those tools that you wouldn't need to use the databox UI.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

Silveraw
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I haven't done this yet with Hubspot, but I'd probably start by trying to build some javascript for GTM that grabs the ID and the $ and push it into GA4. I'm assuming the issue is getting the revenue to show up in GA4 and not just needing to add UTM tags to the emails. 

https://www.simoahava.com/analytics/javascript-101-gtm-part-1/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Silveraw
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

I haven't done this yet with Hubspot, but I'd probably start by trying to build some javascript for GTM that grabs the ID and the $ and push it into GA4. I'm assuming the issue is getting the revenue to show up in GA4 and not just needing to add UTM tags to the emails. 

https://www.simoahava.com/analytics/javascript-101-gtm-part-1/

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KOlmstead,

Thanks for asking the Community!

I'd like to ask some clarifying questions to make sure I understand what's happening:

1. Which steps have you completed yet, please?
2. Where are you stuck when trying to integrate Google Analytics?
3. I understand that your website is hosted externally, right?
4. These are marketing emails, correct?

The more info, screenshots (without sensitive/confidential information), and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

First, I'd like to share this article that might help you "Integrate Google Analytics with HubSpot content".

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @Mike_Eastwood, @Jnix284 and @Ben_M do you have suggestions to help @KOlmstead, please?

Also, if anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@BérangèreL and @KOlmstead the HubSpot integration for Google Analytics will only pull data in for HubSpot hosted websites.

The best way to report on revenue connecting GA4 to HubSpot data is to use a tool like Databox (the only external reporting I'd recommend in this case). This would allow you to connect both sources and create reports using both datasets.

You could do something similar with Power Bi or Tableau, both would be significantly more manual and require a certain level of expertise with those tools that you wouldn't need to use the databox UI.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin