Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jpc0480
Participant

Attribute revenue from a child company to parent

SOLVE

Parents act as an umbrella to all child companies. The child is repsonsible for all revenue generated.

We are trying to figure out how a child can make a sale (deal) and then have this revenue be reported for the parent? 

Any help appreciated! 

3 Accepted solutions
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jpc0480,

You can accomplish this using a custom, cross-object report using companies and deals.  You'll need to add at least the values for the amount and parent company, as seen in the screenshot. 

report Deal Revenue.pngOnce you have the values and filters set up as you'd like to see them, you can adjust the visualization so it's showing the data as you need it for a report.

I hope this helps!

Josh

Thanks for the ping @JessicaH

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

MatthewBoyd
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@JessicaH Thanks for the mention here. 

@Josh That's an awesome resolution that I hadn't thought of. If you wanted to take it one step further (or one less step really) you should be able to achieve a similar result by using reporting on just Company Properties Total Revenue by Parent Company. 

One note for that is that it will only report on Closed Won revenue. 

Happy reporting!

Dan1
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi Joe, 

Our customers (which are also all HubSpot CRM users) kept on asking us for this capability. So we built it into our account mapping functionality.  It totals up all child company revenue to the parent and it doesn't matter how deep the connections go, sub parents on sub parents etc. 

Put on your headphones 🎧 and crank up the sound 🔊 to full power, to watch a quick overview: 

OrgChartHub has a free plan, the account mapping funcitonality is on the paid plans however if you want to trial the account mapping functionality with deal activity then let me know and we will look after you 🙂 

Kind regards,  

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1657284940447.png

8 Replies 8
MatthewBoyd
Solution

SOLVE

@JessicaH Thanks for the mention here. 

@Josh That's an awesome resolution that I hadn't thought of. If you wanted to take it one step further (or one less step really) you should be able to achieve a similar result by using reporting on just Company Properties Total Revenue by Parent Company. 

One note for that is that it will only report on Closed Won revenue. 

Happy reporting!

LaLokker
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@MatthewBoyd this was very helpful, thanks - really simple, clean solution. 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jpc0480,

You can accomplish this using a custom, cross-object report using companies and deals.  You'll need to add at least the values for the amount and parent company, as seen in the screenshot. 

report Deal Revenue.pngOnce you have the values and filters set up as you'd like to see them, you can adjust the visualization so it's showing the data as you need it for a report.

I hope this helps!

Josh

Thanks for the ping @JessicaH

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

TSJLD3M
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Josh - love this report, great way to get to an important metric.

I was wondering, have you tried this with multiple layers orparent hierarchies?

I if you had:

Tier 1: Company A - Parent
Tier 2: Company B & C - Sub Parents
Tier 3: Child Companies of B & C

Would you see the associated deal value rolled up from child to parent, or as I suspect, would it skew yor reporting as the tier 3 company deals aren't directly associated with the tier 2 companies, and so wouldn't be recognised at the tier 1 parent level?

My expectation is that you'd end up with the original issue but slightly condensed, showing columns for all three parent accounts with their direct child revenue only associated.

If I'm right, are there any other workarounds you could think of? shame you can't run workflows to copy data between parent & child accounts!

Cheers,
Joe

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi Joe, 

Our customers (which are also all HubSpot CRM users) kept on asking us for this capability. So we built it into our account mapping functionality.  It totals up all child company revenue to the parent and it doesn't matter how deep the connections go, sub parents on sub parents etc. 

Put on your headphones 🎧 and crank up the sound 🔊 to full power, to watch a quick overview: 

OrgChartHub has a free plan, the account mapping funcitonality is on the paid plans however if you want to trial the account mapping functionality with deal activity then let me know and we will look after you 🙂 

Kind regards,  

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1657284940447.png

RSenor
Participant

SOLVE

@Dan1 - Would you mind sharing your contact info so I can reach out about trialing the account mapping piece before we make the final decision to purchase.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @Dan1!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @jpc0480,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @MatthewBoyd @markkofman @Josh, would you be able to share your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes