Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MBraisby

Attach individual PDF's to Marketing emails

SOLVE

I'm trying to figure out a way to add PDF attachments to each individual contact in a marketing email.  The PDF contains information individual to the contact and the associated company, so can't be attached as a general email to each contact.  Does anyone know how to attached individual PDFs to marketing emails per contact?  Is there a simple easy way to do this?

1 Accepted solution
StjepanGrcic
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MBraisby 

You can use a link to a personalized PDF for each of your email recipients. This solution requires that 

a) create each personalized PDF outside of HubSpot

b) upload to HubSpot (or another suitable link location)

c) either store the personalized PDF link in HubSpot's CRM &/or include a reference to each personalized PDF link in yor email.

You can try using email addresses to uniquely identify PDFs. That way you can use HubSpot personalization tokens to construct file names and eliminate the need to store the PDF link in a custom contact property.

Hope this helps.

If my answer solved your problem please mark it solved. 

Cheers,

Stjepan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
rjchauhan_
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi there,

I noticed that you’re interested in Generating personalized PDFs for HubSpot contacts, and I wanted to suggest trying out “PDF CreateMate”. Our tool is designed to help generate personalized PDFs for HubSpot contacts using custom templates.

If you’re interested in giving our tool a try, we offer a free trial and demo, so you can test it out and see how it works for you. Let me know if you have any questions or would like more information!

Cheers, Raviraj

Denis
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @MBraisby   - I've created a tool that generates a personalized PDF from contact record.

Here is a quick demo:

https://www.depositfix.com/pdf-generator

Let me know if you'd like to try this.

STastan
Contributor

SOLVE

Following this @StjepanGrcic and @MBraisby as I too have a need to complete this task, for about 1,500 email addresses, each to recieve a personalized PDF. Thanks! - Sam

0 Upvotes
StjepanGrcic
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MBraisby 

You can use a link to a personalized PDF for each of your email recipients. This solution requires that 

a) create each personalized PDF outside of HubSpot

b) upload to HubSpot (or another suitable link location)

c) either store the personalized PDF link in HubSpot's CRM &/or include a reference to each personalized PDF link in yor email.

You can try using email addresses to uniquely identify PDFs. That way you can use HubSpot personalization tokens to construct file names and eliminate the need to store the PDF link in a custom contact property.

Hope this helps.

If my answer solved your problem please mark it solved. 

Cheers,

Stjepan

MBraisby

SOLVE

Hi Stjepan, 

Thanks for responding and I see what you are saying, however, it still involves me manually associating each PDF link manually to each contact, so that can be selected from a personalization token.

In my example, I'd therefore need to then allocate nearly 200 links to each contact, which I know I can update/upload via CSV to each contact, but it's still very labour intensive to collect each individual PDF link.

Is there any way that this can be done less manually?