Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

dmattauch
Top Contributor

Association with custom objects

SOLVE

Hi,

I have a custom object named shops. 

By default the shop has contacts associated to them.

And the contacts have deals.

Is there a way to automatically associate the deals to the shops? 

I tried on zapier, but it doesn't support custom object.

What's the best way to automatically create an association?

Thanks

1 Accepted solution
BrianCarter
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @dmattauch - nice to meet you! I find it best to manually associate companies to deals. While this may take an extra minute or so to do, it will create the best data integrity (especially as you scale). This issue with automated associations is that in most cases it pulls from/uses the domain of the contact/company. If someone is using a personal email, that becomes ineffective. If your business works with Enterprise or Government organizations it becomes tricky as well as there may be a multitude of departments or sub-organizations that need their own company record in your CRM. All of this to say, this is one of the few areas I'd recommend manual input. Hope this helps!

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @dmattauch,

There's an app called Associ8 that would help with your use case. It allows you to automate associations via workflow:

DStaat_0-1692822375754.png

There's a blog post here that shows how it works / how to set it up if you want more info. You can also ask me any questions you have!

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
BrianCarter
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @dmattauch - nice to meet you! I find it best to manually associate companies to deals. While this may take an extra minute or so to do, it will create the best data integrity (especially as you scale). This issue with automated associations is that in most cases it pulls from/uses the domain of the contact/company. If someone is using a personal email, that becomes ineffective. If your business works with Enterprise or Government organizations it becomes tricky as well as there may be a multitude of departments or sub-organizations that need their own company record in your CRM. All of this to say, this is one of the few areas I'd recommend manual input. Hope this helps!

Brian

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @dmattauch, thank you for posting in our Community!

I would like to add our top experts to share their thoughts @Bryantworks @BrianCarter any recommendations to @dmattauch matter?

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !