Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

RMaxwell1
Participant

Associating Contact Industry and Company Industry

SOLVE

Hi There,

I want to know if on a Starter package if there is a way to create an association between the Industry of the Company and the Industry of the Contact?

In our business, we try to make this field required for all sales but it is not always possible and impacts our ability to report on our audience demographics for our events - I would love if a contact can just be under the same industry as the company they are associated to however it seems this is a "Workflow" option that I don't have access to in Starter Plan. Am I missing something or is there a workaround?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RMaxwell1,

Unfortunately not, no. This is currently only possible with workflows.

There are good news however: The product team is planning on implementing the ability to sync properties here. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Sync-property-values-between-Contact-Company-and-Deal...

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can also help others find this request more easily (and drive traction) by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it, too!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

With the starter package do you have access to lists under the contact menu? If so you could use these to totally drill into both objects with criteria since you could build those views to target both the contact industry or company industry together with any other criteria you are after. I love and heavily use smart list content but not sure if these are part of the standard starter package. 

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RMaxwell1,

Unfortunately not, no. This is currently only possible with workflows.

There are good news however: The product team is planning on implementing the ability to sync properties here. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Sync-property-values-between-Contact-Company-and-Deal...

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can also help others find this request more easily (and drive traction) by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it, too!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes