Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ABui4
Contributor

Associated Primary Company Issue with Corporates Having Multiple Branches Globally

SOLVE

Hi Experts,

Recently, I noticed one case in which a Lead A (from a German branch of corporation B) was created on our system. At that time, we also had one customer (Deal) from a Swedish branch of that corporation. 

HubSpot automatically assigned Lead A to Corporation B based on their email domain (even though Lead A provided a full branch name as their Company name) and set the LC of Lead A from Lead to Customer due to the association.

My current thinking is that the 2 branches should be separated on our system since they would potentially result in 2 different deals for different teams from our end. That mean, Lead A should have been just Lead, not Customer and their associated company on our system should have been created using the provided Company name.

Could anyone please kindly advise some best practices for the above scenario?

Thanks a ton!

Albus

1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Associated Primary Company Issue with Corporates Having Multiple Branches Globally

SOLVE

Hi @ABui4 I'm glad you could get to the bottom of why it was updating automatically and add the domain to the exclude list.

I'll have to check with our team on how this could be built out - it's not a native feature and I believe it would require a developer to create a custom coded action, but I don't know the specifics.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Jnix284

SOLVE

@ABui4 happy to help share some insight! It sounds like you have some automation that is updating your new contacts lifecycle stage when they enter the CRM based on their company domain - this is not a default setting or configuration.

I would suggest with reviewing the automation in place to see if you can create some if/then logic that will prevent branches of the same company from "combining" the leads.

For example you could write something like:

If company domain is the same AND full branch name is the same, then change to customer

If company domain is the same AND full branch name is different, then make no change.

This would depend on how you have this data configured and how the form captures it, but should be possible to differentiate between these types of leads/contacts.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

ABui4
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @Jnix284  for your prompt advice!! Appreciated.

Looking into the Lead that had the issue, I found our it might be due to the Automatic associations (Contacts to Primary Company, Company to Contact, Deal to Primary Company)

ABui4_0-1697470111455.png

Would your suggestion work for that case? Thanks a lot!

Albus

0 Upvotes
ABui4
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Jnix284  - I think I found a similar case here https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Create-and-associate-companies-with-contacts-company-with/m-p/8...

I'm fixing the case by adding the domain to the exclude list and creating a workflow inspired by your logic. One follow-up question, could you please advise how to set up the criteria so as to compare contacts' email domain as well as full company name as you suggested? Thanks a lot!

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ABui4 I'm glad you could get to the bottom of why it was updating automatically and add the domain to the exclude list.

I'll have to check with our team on how this could be built out - it's not a native feature and I believe it would require a developer to create a custom coded action, but I don't know the specifics.

ABui4
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @Jnix284.

Looking forward to that!