Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

Associate contacts with a business unit

SOLVE

Hi friends, 

Need your kind help. I have uploaded (imported) a contact list that needs to be associated with one of the four business units that I have on my HubSpot. How do I do that? 

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

Are you referring to HubSpot's new business units feature? In that case, Business units whould show up along with other properties. When you're on the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts), select your imported contacts (by clicking More filters > Import), then click the Edit:

karstenkoehler_0-1637647659450.png

You should then find Business units right there, with the ability to select one or multiple:

karstenkoehler_2-1637647697625.png

If you're not referring to HubSpot's new feature, you would (create and) select your own custom business units property, following the same steps from above.

Let me know if I got your request right, friend.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

Are you referring to HubSpot's new business units feature? In that case, Business units whould show up along with other properties. When you're on the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts), select your imported contacts (by clicking More filters > Import), then click the Edit:

karstenkoehler_0-1637647659450.png

You should then find Business units right there, with the ability to select one or multiple:

karstenkoehler_2-1637647697625.png

If you're not referring to HubSpot's new feature, you would (create and) select your own custom business units property, following the same steps from above.

Let me know if I got your request right, friend.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Yes @karstenkoehler , this is exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks for your great support as always. 

MMGF

SOLVE

OMG, I designed this feature last year and showed HubSpot UX team when we talked through data issues.  Glad they rolled this out.  I recommended the multibox selection too as contacts tend to cross departments/products.  Make certain for all workflows you "APPEND" when adding to this field.  

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain ,

While creating the list, add a column 'Business unit' in the list .. while importing map that column with the HubSpot property:Business Unit. cehck SS:

webdew_0-1637644315119.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
MMGF

SOLVE

I had to do this too.  But my contacts could be in 1 or more business units.

I created a Properties (multi-checkbox) and listed all 4 departments.

When I imported I had contact email and contact status (Enterprise, Higher Ed, etc), as contacts engaged in the other departments I had a workflow append another contact status.  

If you want to share you 4 business units and let me know if you ever see in the future 1 contact can be associated with 2 or more business units, I can show you what I did.  

Cheers!  Mari

0 Upvotes