Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

drafeedie
Colaborador(a)

Assign new tickets to first agent to reply

We funnel all of our tickets into an "unassigned" status in service hub. Think of it like a shared inbox in Google / Outlook. 

When using the conversations inbox in Hubspot, whoevere replies to the conversation first gets automatically assigned the conversation / ticket. However, our team works out of the ticket view primarily so email responses are sent by going into the ticket itself and replying. 

Is there a way to write the following logic:

If a ticket is unassigned (ticket status) and an agent replies to an email (or any activity recorded would be fine, too), the ticket gets assigned to that agent. 

It seems quite simple and is the default in the conversations inbox, but can't quite figure this one out with workflows.

3 Respostas 3
drafeedie
Colaborador(a)

Hey @karstenkoehler - thank you! The issue I have found with this though is that when you reply to an email within a ticket, the conversation does not auto assign the the person the replies. If you had replied to the email within the the conversations inbox, this would auto assign the conversation to that person and then the value could be copied to the ticket. Hubspot seems to treat a "conversation" as only something that is replied in the inbox whereas an email reply is some other activtiy (maybe a sales activity?)

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

Hi @drafeedie,

My apologies, I had misread that part in your original post. As far as I know, unfortunately, that's not possible out of the box. It would require custom code.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler

Hi @drafeedie,

You can use a conversations-based workflow to enroll conversations where the First owner ( = the first user from your team that the conversation is assigned to) is copied into the Ticket owner field:

karstenkoehler_0-1674625011088.png

This should mirror the conversation owner in the ticket.

Keep in mind that you might want to exclude conversations that are associated to a ticket whose Ticket owner is already known (by adding "AND Ticket owner is unknown" to the enrollment criteria).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.