Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

PBarik
Participant

Assign default ticket owner

SOLVE

When a ticket is first created, will a "Ticket Owner" be assigned automatically or will the field be left empty? If it is automatic, is there one default "Ticket Owner"?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PBarik,

Yes, this is possible in Service Hub Professional, using a ticket-based workflow: Menu > Automation > Workflows

karstenkoehler_0-1677825645022.png

If you're not on a Professional subscription, this is unfortunately not possible.

Should upgrading be an option, let me know – happy to provide more information.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @PBarik,

Yes you can automatically assign owners to tickets. Here is HubSpot's documentation on this. 

And as @karstenkoehler pointed out, you can use Workflows to do more advanced routing than the basic features allow. You'll need a professional plan for access. 

But this actually a pretty nuanced problem, especially for larger operations that have many different routing considerations for their tickets. It sounds like you have a few, but I think a lot of companies would benefit from having more control over their ticket routing in many cases. 

Full disclosure, I wrote the article and work for Insycle as a Product Marketer, but we recently published this article that details the common issues that companies run into with ticket routing and loud management in HubSpot that you might find useful. Trying to use the basic routing features in tandem with advanced routing in Workflows can sometimes be difficult to manage and untangle if you run into problems. 

Best,

Ryan

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PBarik,

That depends on how exactly tickets are created in your portal. Could you provide more details? (There are various ways that a ticket could be created automatically. From a new incoming message in a conversations inbox, via a custom workflow etc.)

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
PBarik
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply @karstenkoehler .

To be in details let me put forth my point in this way.

Suppose in X-pipeline a ticket has been generated for Y-issue raised by customer. By default in HubSpot, the ticket created as no ticket owner assigned to it. The owner has to be assigned manually to Z-member.

Is there a way we can automate this process, that whenever a ticket is generated in X-pipeline, the issue will be automaticaly assigned to Z-member? Later that can be manually assigned to the other repsective person.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PBarik,

Yes, this is possible in Service Hub Professional, using a ticket-based workflow: Menu > Automation > Workflows

karstenkoehler_0-1677825645022.png

If you're not on a Professional subscription, this is unfortunately not possible.

Should upgrading be an option, let me know – happy to provide more information.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler