Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Colin_Perry
Contributor

Asset audit in files

SOLVE

We've had HubSpot in the business for over 5 years and in this time the amount of assets in the files has grown without it being properly managed. There are files that have been uploaded 4-5 years ago and when clicking on the details they aren't currently, and have never been used anywhere.

I'd like to be able to run a report that identifies all of our assets that aren't being used and when they were uploaded. I can't see whether it's possible to create such a report so we can clean up our assets. Does anyone know if this is possible or if there are any tools that could help us keep this area tidy?
Thanks

1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Asset audit in files

SOLVE

Hi @Colin_Perry 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting the followis Ideas in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the ideas (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes, and commenting with your use cases: 

Reporting on Files

Unused Files

Bulk Deleting Photos That Aren’t Used

Also want to tag some of our top contributors here - @Josh @Phil_Vallender @danmoyle do you have any tips on how to handle unused files?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Colin_Perry
Contributor

Asset audit in files

SOLVE

@danmoyle @TiphaineCuisset Thank you both for you suggestions.  Looks like others have had the same issues as me with the ideas that have already posted, so rather than creating something similar I have upvoted those links.

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Asset audit in files

SOLVE

Hi @Colin_Perry - I'm with @TiphaineCuisset here. I would definitely suggest putting this in the Ideas forum and asking folks to upvote if they like it. I'll definitely give it a vote. The only solution I see currently is to take the tedious time to sift through the older files first, using the "last updated" column, and archiving files not used anywhere. Hundreds of files could mean doing this while bingeing your favorite Netflix or Apple TV+ series. So that's an upside. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Asset audit in files

SOLVE

Hi @Colin_Perry 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting the followis Ideas in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the ideas (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes, and commenting with your use cases: 

Reporting on Files

Unused Files

Bulk Deleting Photos That Aren’t Used

Also want to tag some of our top contributors here - @Josh @Phil_Vallender @danmoyle do you have any tips on how to handle unused files?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !