Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

tiffanyh
Teilnehmer/-in

Ask visitors if content is helpful

lösung

I would like to ask visitors to rate our content by asking "Was this content helpful?" at the end of blog articles, after they download a whilte paper, etc.

1) Is anyone else using HubSpot Lead Flows or CTAs or Forms to accomplish this? If so, how did you set it up?

2) What do you think the best strategy is to collect answers and evaluate content effectiveness? Two options = yes/no? Three options yes/neutral/no? Sliding number scale from 1-5?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
nicolebrenner
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

I think that Lead Flows would be a really good option for you here. While forms and CTAs are static on the page, leadflow questions appear after three possible options:

1) After a 50% page scroll

2) After Exit Intent 

3) After an elapsed time

In this case, you could chose to display the popup form after exit intent, so you would caputure information when people are leaving the page. This would be a really great time to request feedback about the content. You can find our Lead Flows User Guide on our Knowledgebase. 

As far as estabilishing a strategy to collect answers, I did find this guide about creating effective rating scales that you may find useful when thinking about how you want to move forward. 

I hope this helps! 

Nicole 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
Josh
Lösung
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

@roisinkirby, thanks for the mention!

@tiffanyh, I love the idea. While I don't have any experience with this exactly, I don't believe HubSpot would have anything that would make this happen exactly how you want to do it. With a form, you have the yes/no options (or whatever you decide), but I'm not aware of how you would make them work as you describe.

Have you considered using an external service for this and embedding into blog posts? You may be able to build the embed code right into the template so it automatically shows on each blog post. Whichever service you use, it would require that it recorded which specific URL the answer was recorded on, other than that, not a lot of additional functionality would be needed.

Alternatively you could place Yes/No images in the template (so they occur on every blog post) and have them link back to the same page with an appended response. For example: www.yoururl.com/blog/post-abc?helpful=yes or www.yoururl.com/blog/post-abc?helpful=no. 

If anyone else knows of other solutions, I'd love to hear them!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

8 Antworten
roisinkirby
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

Hey @tiffanyh - great question!

While I don't have personal experience with this, I thought I might share this blog post with you: How to run a content survey, it's a slightly older post but still super relevant and includes several templates as well as details on our SurveyMonkey integration.

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 2.54.07 PM.png

@ndwilliams3@Pablo and others in the Community - is this something you have considered/actioned before? 

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

I think that Lead Flows would be a really good option for you here. While forms and CTAs are static on the page, leadflow questions appear after three possible options:

1) After a 50% page scroll

2) After Exit Intent 

3) After an elapsed time

In this case, you could chose to display the popup form after exit intent, so you would caputure information when people are leaving the page. This would be a really great time to request feedback about the content. You can find our Lead Flows User Guide on our Knowledgebase. 

As far as estabilishing a strategy to collect answers, I did find this guide about creating effective rating scales that you may find useful when thinking about how you want to move forward. 

I hope this helps! 

Nicole 

0 Upvotes
tiffanyh
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Nicole,

One question - In the Form section I need the lead flow to have buttons, vs text fields. I can't find a way around that with the Lead Flows. Is there a trick?

Thanks!

Tiffany

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hey @tiffanyh, at this time the Lead Flows forms are only able to accept text format questions, but that would be a great suggestion for our Ideas Forum - this is where our devlopers come to look for customer feedback, and if you could provide an example of your use case, then they will be able to evaluate that suggestion when they are looking to make updates to this part of the tool!

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

@Josh I thought I'd loop you in here as I've seen you've brought some great insights to discussions elsehwere on the Community r.e. content marketing best practices. Any thoughts on @tiffanyh's post above? 

Josh
Lösung

lösung

@roisinkirby, thanks for the mention!

@tiffanyh, I love the idea. While I don't have any experience with this exactly, I don't believe HubSpot would have anything that would make this happen exactly how you want to do it. With a form, you have the yes/no options (or whatever you decide), but I'm not aware of how you would make them work as you describe.

Have you considered using an external service for this and embedding into blog posts? You may be able to build the embed code right into the template so it automatically shows on each blog post. Whichever service you use, it would require that it recorded which specific URL the answer was recorded on, other than that, not a lot of additional functionality would be needed.

Alternatively you could place Yes/No images in the template (so they occur on every blog post) and have them link back to the same page with an appended response. For example: www.yoururl.com/blog/post-abc?helpful=yes or www.yoururl.com/blog/post-abc?helpful=no. 

If anyone else knows of other solutions, I'd love to hear them!

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

Josh

lösung

Sorry, forgot to mention...you could also achieve a similar result as my second suggestion using HubSpot CTAs.

Josh Curcio

tiffanyh
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thank you so much - I'll check it out!