Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

jennysowyrda
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

Ask Us Anything: Marketing Hub Enterprise Releases: Nov. 1, 2018

This week, HubSpot will launch a number of new products within Marketing Hub Enterprise designed to help you grow better. To celebrate, experts from HubSpot’s product and marketing teams will be answering your questions on how you can start growing better with HubSpot.

This thread is meant to ask questions about product updates within the Marketing Hub. If you have new feature requests, please submit them on ideas.hubspot.com.

This AMA will start on Thursday, November 1 at 11:00 AM EST. The team will be answering questions starting then, but feel free to start adding questions now, and the team will begin answering them on Thursday.

JVocell.jpg                                                         slack pic.jpg                              

Jeffrey Vocell (@Jeffrey)                                                   Alex Girard (@agirard)
Senior Manager, Product Marketing                            Associate Product Marketing Manager

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.48.40 PM.png                                                          profile.jpg

Ari Plaut ( @ariplaut)                                                         Victoria Gumaer (@VictoriaGumaer)
Senior Product Marketing Manager                             Product Manager

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.45.11 PM.png                                                           Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.45.35 PM.png

Angela DeFranco (@adefranco)                                     Nate Ciruolo@Nciruolo)

Product Group Lead                                                         Product Manager

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 3.00.39 PM.png                                                                    Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 6.47.24 PM.png

Daria Marmer (@Daria)                                                   Andrew Dawson (@adawson)
Product Lead                                                                    Product Manager

Click here to learn what’s new in HubSpot.

27 Respuestas 27
socialveronika
Participante

Hey there, I was wondering if the Facebook Messenger is available already? This was announced a while ago and it's something we'd like to try this year.

Thanks! 🙂 

0 Me gusta
agirard
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi @socialveronika,

Thanks for this question! Our team is still actively working on Facebook Messenger. We don't have a precise timeline for when Messenger will be broadly available, but rest assured that when it is, we will update the community.

Best,

Alex

0 Me gusta
socialveronika
Participante

Thanks so much for letting me know! Looking forward to the when the feature will be live! 🙂 

0 Me gusta
DaniellePeters
Colaborador líder

Hey! Thanks for doing this AMA.

This question is regarding Brand Domains. My team is building a feature that requires accessing cookies across subdomains. A third party team has a staging site which we want to use to test this functionality. Ideally we would connect one of their subdomains to our HubSpot portal to test this before moving forward with that solution on our actual domain.

With the addition of Brand Domains, it is no longer possible to connect that third party subdomain. Is there any sort of workaround to connect a domain solely for staging/testing purposes?

VictoriaGumaer

Hi @DaniellePeters, thank youf or your question.  It isn't currently possible to connect a non-brand staging domain to your portal if you're currently at the brands limit for the account.  However, I do have some questions about your specific use case and some options.  I'll follow up with you offline in a bit.

0 Me gusta
folked
Colaborador líder

Will content partitioning be available for other entities like forms, CTAs, emails, lead flows etc.? When?

ariplaut

Hey @folked -

Good question. We started with pages, because we heard that request most often from HubSpot customers. But we'll definitely be expanding the scope of content partitioning to other tools (like email, forms, etc.) in the near future.

While we don't have a specific timeframe for completion of each tool, our team is actively writing code on certain features already. Expect more tools to be partitionable in the coming months.

Best,

Ari

0 Me gusta
BusterPike
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Hi,

I'd love to see how the analytics is supporting filtering by domains.

There are custom views that help with one report. However, are there methods to see a canned dashboard filtered by a domain/sub-domain?

-Buster

0 Me gusta
AnnaPerko

Hey Buster,

Thanks for the question. Right now the analytics view filtering is only available in Traffic Analytics, but not on canned dashboards. It is, however, possible to save a traffic report that is filtered by View to a dashboard or your Reports list. 

Where else (which types of reports or dashboards) would you be interested in seeing domain filtering?

Thanks,

- Anna

Senior Product Manager @ HubSpot, Reporting & Analytics
0 Me gusta
saraher
Participante

The email send cap is really not useful if you can't exempt some email lists. For example, we have internal contacts on some lists and they are included on every email we send. We can't use the email send cap because it will prevent those contacts from getting every email.

0 Me gusta
ariplaut

Hey @saraher -

Thanks for the feedback. Totally understand the need to ensure internal contacts receive every email. I'll pass your request along to the team.

While you can't "exempt" certain lists from the cap, you can disable the send frequency cap for specific emails. There's a quick checkbox in the "recipients" tab for a given email that says "enable send frequency cap for this send?"

Best,

Ari

- Ari

0 Me gusta
saraher
Participante

Yes, but if we want to seed certain lists on every email, we'd be unchecking it for every email we sent. 

I'm just not sure this is a terrible useful feature if you can mark some lists as exempt or somehow exempt your company's domain(s).

Thanks.

0 Me gusta
Jsuphun
Participante

Hi,

I have a question relating to the new 'Enhanced Social Permission' features which allow us to assign a user to approve social posts written by another user for publishing at a later time: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/draft-only-permissions  

We have marketing team members who manage multiple social channels at a different level and will require to keep different rights when it comes to social publishing (e.g. draft only for Corporate LinkedIn and All accounts access for product level Twitter accounts).

Is there any functionality that enables us to assign Draft only rights by social channel?

Look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks, Jane

0 Me gusta
agirard

Hi,

I have a question relating to the new 'Enhanced Social Permission' features which allow us to assign a user to approve social posts written by another user for publishing at a later time: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/draft-only-permissions  

We have marketing team members who manage multiple social channels at a different level and will require to keep different rights when it comes to social publishing (e.g. draft only for Corporate LinkedIn and All accounts access for product level Twitter accounts).

Is there any functionality that enables us to assign Draft only rights by social channel?

Look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks, Jane

------------------

Hi @Jsuphun!

You bring up a really interesting use case. At this point in time, draft only permissions apply to all social accounts connected to your HubSpot account, and cannot be broken down by a specific social channel or account. You do however have the ability to set user permissions so they can only publish to their own accounts (the accounts a specific user connected to HubSpot).

I appreciate you presenting your intended use case for social permissions, and we'll keep this feedback in mind going forward!

Best,

Alex

0 Me gusta
dliao
Participante

My question pertains to how to mark off Lifecycle Stages in between jumping from Leads to Customer.

The reporting mechanism for this Contact Property doesn't work like how I would have imagined. Say a lead comes in and becomes a customer immediately, an Account Executive will change the Lifecycle Stage from Lead directly to Customer. In doing so, they bypass the MQL and SQL stages which undermines the ability to collect metrics. The result, is I have a bunch of leads and a bunch of customers, but reporting on MQLs or SQLs is way under the real number.

It's difficult in practice to get sales reps to manually mark each Lifecycle Stage along the process, just so "marketing" can get credit. Why doesn't the Lifecycle Stage in automatically mark off MQL and SQL if the Lifecycle Stage progresses faster than one stage at a time? It only marks off the stages if you manually take action. It doesn't record the Contact going through all those stages even if it went to the very end.

eschneider
Participante

We are using a robust CMS with multiple regions and langauges and currently host our blog posts there. We are looking to add commenting to our blog pages and I was wondering if there is a way to use the Hubspot commenting feature with some sort of integration? 

The specific benefit to integrating would be to connect blog comments to our Hubspot contacts.

Our CMS has a very basic out of the box commenting feature, but I was also looking at alternatives like Disqus. Any other recommendations for commenting systems would be welcome if HubSpot is not an option.

0 Me gusta
ariplaut

Hey @eschneider -

Thanks for the question.

At this time, the commenting features in HubSpot are designed and optimized for HubSpot-hosted blogs; they can't be embedded elsewhere. 

I'll leave it to the rest of the community to recommend 3rd-party solutions. If you're using a tool like Disqus, you might check out Zapier as well --- looks like they have a way to sync blog commenters to HubSpot. https://zapier.com/apps/disqus/integrations/hubspot

Ari

0 Me gusta
Jonnydk
Colaborador líder

Hi we would like to know how we are able to partition different products. Lets say we have a divisions who deal with subscription services, online learning services and auction services. How can we benefit from the new partitioning? Are we able to run seperate landing pages and analytics per division? Will we be able to know if our customers are at different lifecycle stages per product? Example: I have a customer who subscribes to us but he is interested in Online Learning, can I attribute a different lifecycle stage to him? How can I work out attribution per division and which marketing touch point influenced their decision to become a customer?

Nciruolo

Hi @Jonnydk

With the content partitioning feature you will be able to assign landing page, blog post, and website page access by teams.  In the example you provided, this means you would in fact be able to run separate landing pages between your subscription services, online learning services, and auction services divisions. 

To read more about the feature we have a great article here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cos-general/assign-content-to-your-users-and-team...

Some of the other features you mention, like separating analytics, are not yet supported with content partitioning but our intent is to expand this functionality across the platform and solve for the scenarios you mention. If you'd like to help us in that process and/or chat more about your use case we'd love to hear from you!

0 Me gusta
bradmin
Asesor destacado

How will multiple currencies work in context of the Salesforce integration? How is the exchange rate updated? 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.