Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

agirard
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Ask Us Anything About Service Hub Updates @ INBOUND 2018

UPDATE: Thank you for participating in the INBOUND 2018 Sales Hub AMA. This AMA is now closed. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out on the Service Hub Forum.

Next week at INBOUND, HubSpot will launch a number of new products that will help you grow better. A number of these new products and features will be within the Service Hub. To celebrate, experts from HubSpot’s product and marketing teams will be answering your questions next week on how you can start growing better with HubSpot.

This thread is meant for asking questions about product updates within the Service Hub. If you have questions about product updates in the Marketing or Sales Hub, we have separate threads happening for that as well.

This AMA will start on Friday, September 7 at 11:30 AM EST. The team will be answering questions starting then, but feel free to start adding questions now, and the team will begin answering them on Friday.

This thread is to ask questions about HubSpot's new products features. If you have an idea for how we can improve our product going forward, please post those on our Ideas Forum.

Click here to learn what’s new in HubSpot.

0 Upvotes
24 Replies 24
bwalsh
Participant

Hey there,

Our Company is both in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and the US. When will ServiceHub support showing German topics to one group and English topics to the other?

0 Upvotes
Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey BWalsh - This is something we're investigating now. We hope to add support for multiple languages or multiple knolwedge bases at some point but this is more likely to come in 2019. 

Thanks,

Marcus, Procuct Marketing 

0 Upvotes
ChrisSchack
Participant

1 - is it possible to have to chat appearances - one with the knowledge base articles and one without. The use case is to differentiate between paying/non paying customers.

2 - is it possible to have more than 1 knowledge base?

3 - do you have free trials for Customer Hub?

Thanks

Chris

0 Upvotes
agirard
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @ChrisSchack

Thanks for your response! I'll address each of your questions in the same order you asked them.

1. Not at this time. What you could do however, is create different targeted messages for different audiences and then associate a support bot to one targeted message, and a qualify leads bot to another message, for example.
  2. At this time, you can only create one knowledge base. You can however, create different categories and subcategories within your knowledge base to organize the different knowledge articles you create. If you have a specific use case for creating multiple knowledge bases, feel free to shoot me an email at agirard@hubspot.com --- I’d love to hear more.
  3. We have a number of the service hub tools available within the free CRM --- including tickets, conversations, and more. Feel free to check out our pricing page for more details. Otherwise, our sales team would be happy to demo the tool for you, or offer you a free trial. You can access them by navigating to the Products & Add-ons section of your portal.

Best,

Alex

0 Upvotes
nikkiv
Top Contributor

It would be helpful to be able to attach a document not in Hubspot to a Live Chat. 

0 Upvotes
agirard
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @nikkiv!

Attachments is actually something the team is actively working on right now --- stay tuned!

Best,

Alex

0 Upvotes
VickySilvestro
Participant

When can I change the support ticket number notification email sent from  "noreply@hubspotservicehub.com"  to our own email address?  And when can I customize the email content? 

0 Upvotes
Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi Vicky - You'll be able to customize the content of the emails soon. We expect it to be something we add this year. The email address is a bit more complicated but it's good feedback and we'll look into it. 

Thanks,

Marcus 

Product Marketing 

0 Upvotes
VickySilvestro
Participant

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
raylawrence
Participant

Conversations are supposed to be an Inbox replacement.

But.. you can't start a conversation in Conversations. You have to create a Ticket.

Any plans to update Conversations to live up to the promoted benefits? Belwo from the HubSpot website (my emphasis):

Start building better relationships with your prospects and customers through personalized, one-to-one conversations.

HubSpot CRM includes free tools for live chat, team email, and bots, plus a universal inbox that gives sales, marketing, and customer service teams one place to view, manage, and reply to all conversations — regardless of the messaging channel they came from.

Your whole team will find it easy to manage one-to-one communications at scale.

Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks for this feedback Ray. Over time Conversations will evolve into a more robust communication tool, but it's not our intention to totally replace your current email provider. What we promised and will continue to deliver on is a single place, for your whole team to manage and colaborate on communications. 

We still see sales and service teams using the communicator inside the HubSpot CRM (Tickets, Deals, etc) as the place to send external emails from. But we will take this feedback into consideration. 

Thanks,

Marcus 

Product Marketing 

0 Upvotes
Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

Hello-

Are there currently any timeframes for adding Tickets support to the Gmail extension?

Specifically, being able to create and/or associate an existing ticket with an email to/from a contact.

0 Upvotes
Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Great question this is something we're considering now. No word on exact timing but we agree it will be valuable and have it on the roadmap. 

0 Upvotes
Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

Hey Marcus-

That's good to hear.

We are finding many scenarios where sales personel who live primarly in gmail for email tasks need to:
a. Have visibility into existing tickets

b. Create a new ticket based on an email from a customer

c. Associate an email thread to an existing ticket.

Regards,

Chad

Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Makes sense - thanks for sharing. 

0 Upvotes
therealdb
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey There - at the moment we do not have plans to add the Tickets function into Gmail.  That being said, the best way to address a ticket when it comes into Gmail is to simply reply/cc/forward that email to your support email address.  This will create a new conversation in HubSpot, and subsequently a new ticket if you have the email rules set up to auto create tickets.

0 Upvotes
drakedanner
Participant

I would like to be able to automate ticket creation with rules that are based on the address an email is coming from and the presence of keywords in that email. The ticket should include the contents of the email including the attachments.

We receive reports from example@website.com with the subject line 'Report Complete'. The report is attached to the email. One of our employees monitors these reports and utilizes them to make decisions about deals associated with our contacts. 

The ability to add more rules around the tickets created through Conversations - such as routing tickets to specific pipelines based on the From Address and presence of keywords in the subject line - would solve this. 

0 Upvotes
Marcus_Andrews
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

This is a great idea and something we will ideally build into the tools although we don't have a current timline. Thanks for the example this is helpful as we work on new features related to this. 

Thanks,

Marcus 

Product Marketing 

0 Upvotes
jamieem
Participant

Our office has been trialling the Service Hub for the last two months now, with a view to it's potential use as a CRM and possible replacement of Outlook for customer responses. We've identified the following issues in trying to do so, and it would be useful to learn of any suggested recourse or work arounds to assist:

1) The two email addresses we have linked to the conversations inbox regularly receive at least 50% of their traffic from our website contact forms. This means that the emails are received from an internal email address (i.e donotreply@ ) which we do not respond to and instead use an email address supplied by the customer in the form. This is currently difficult to manage using the hubspot interface, as it does not allow you to amend the reply address the message is being sent to. The current work around is to add the response email to the CC field, which is problematic because it requires the customer to be added as a contact for which I understand we are possibly billed for? I'd like to see the ability to amend the response address in a message. Also, the CC field does not allow an email address to be copy and pasted in.

2) When completing a message, in some instances and fairly frequently, the 'Send' button becomes highlighted orange, indicating a response can be completed, however clicking this button then does nothing. We have had this issue with normal email, contact form email and in cases where we have added a new contact and also where we have not. This is a serious impediment to using the hubspot interface as a replacement to outlook. We have logged this with the support team and it is still being investigated, but I would be interested to learn if other users have also experienced this.

3) We regularly make use of outlook's 'quick parts' function, allowing us to insert template responses into messages. Whilst hubspot does have the 'snippets' fucntion, it appears to limit the amount of characers and does not allow for easy categorisation - is there an alternative for the use of template responses?

4) Is it possible to re-open messages that have previously been closed? If a message is responded to and then closed, does the customer response re-open the chain? I believe this is the case but I would like to check.

5) Can email signatures be added automatically? At the moment we do this by using a snippet, but this appears to have less functionality and ability to customise as the exisiting outlook features - can graphics also be added?

6) Is there a way to bulk select emails to be closed? This would be a useful function as our email address is frequently used for mass newsletter mailings, resulting in large numbers of out of office replies which currently need to be closed individual, which is fairly time consuming - I have queried with the support team and they have stated there is no current work around?

7) Whilst you can re-assign messages to single colleagues using hubspot, there does not appear to be a way to forward a message to a group of individuals?

😎 There does not appear to be any 'undo last action' functionality, is this correct? I encountered this issue when making a copy and paste error today.

Wholesale-Solar
Top Contributor

+1 Bulk select/delete