Ask Me Anything and Panel Discussions

juli
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Ask Me Anything: Growing Better In 2019 Using HubSpot Free and Starter

As we all know, January can be a time for resolutions, new starts, and exciting changes. So, let’s start this year off on the right foot, together! My name is Juli G, I’m an expert in the HubSpot Free and Starter tools and I want to help you make 2019 the best year ever for your business!

Over the next two weeks, I’ll be answering all of your technical and strategic questions on how you can grow better with HubSpot Free and Starter products!

Some great examples of questions are:

• “How can I use HubSpot to report on the productivity of my team?”
  • “I would really love to make a deeper connection with my website visitors, how can I do that using HubSpot’s tools?”
  • “What are some tips and tricks to make sure none of my leads fall through the cracks?”

This thread is meant to be helpful to everyone. So, if you have a question about any technical issues that are unique to your portal, Starter customers can file a Technical Support Ticket through their portal and Free users can create a new thread here in the community.

This AMA will start on Monday, January 14th at 9:00 AM EST and I will be accepting new questions until 5:00 PM EST on Monday, January 28th. 

holidayheadshot1 copy.png

Juli Gaudette
Inbound Success Coach

32 Réponses
juli
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hi Everyone! 

Thank you all so much for posting in this AMA! I've had a wonderful time working with all of you! 

The AMA is now officially closed. If you have any more questions, please start a new thread in the Community!

gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

@juli 

Hi Julie,

Having always used the options to have more than one email for a contact, I did not know this could cause issues.   I have over 6000 contacts who belong to over 3000 companies. As an email is typically general to the company I want to move the duplicate email addresses, as appropriate to another contact.  

I have exported the entire contact database and can not find the second email address.  How can this task be expedited? There are 2388 contacts with email addresses. 

Thank you.

Chris

0 Votes
juli
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hi @gelflex-cc 

You can read more about our Secondary Email feature here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-can-i-add-multiple-email-addresses-to-a...

Please note, at this time, it is not possible to import multiple email addresses into the email field.

Since this AMA has been closed, If you have any other questions, please feel free to start a new thread! 

gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

@juli  I was reluctant to use the Community when first introduced.  Of course, instant answers are desired and correct answers (or maybe what I want to hear).  Over time, I am embracing this and will need to create logins for my other users.  Ultimately it was @jennysowyrda whose assistance made me a believer. Jenny, it's Lauren's fault..... I thought you were a user at first.

Thank you to all the staff who monitor and contribute to the Community.

Membre

How do i reduce the size of the activity feed boxes?  I feel like there is a lot of wasted space?  I'd like to fit more info in one screen.

0 Votes
juli
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hi @1722023!

Welcome to the AMA! I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Activity Feed Boxes" any chance you might be able to include a screenshot here for reference?

0 Votes
Membre

I make a lot of records and i'd like to see more than a few contacts/actions.  Can you reconfigure the size of the section in red?
Activity feed?Activity feed?

0 Votes
juli
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Thanks for the context @1722023 !

At this time, we are unable to customize the look and feel of the contact timelines. My apologis for any frustration or inconvinence the current layout may cause for you and your team. 

If you feel strongly about this, I would reccommend posting it as an idea on ideas.hubspot.com. Our developers like to consult that forum while building their product roadmaps and they love to hear the use cases directly from our users! 

0 Votes
gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

@juli

Hi Juli,

I am not asking the question in a way that nets me a usable answer in the community. Hoping you can help.

It would be extremely helpful to know EXACTLY what fields auto-populate under which circumstances. 

• I.E. lifecycle stage auto-populates to contacts, when changed in company, (highly publicized option)
  • I.E. facebook (not sure about other social media) auto-populates from HubSpot Insights (I think that is what it is called) or leave this blank if not available
  • I.E. parent company auto-populates when child company is added (this was painful to find out and it was accidental - I manually added the parent company to over 200 companies before discovering this) knowledge base on parent/child not helpful.

I do not know of any others and am referred to workflows to make auto-populating happen.  Workflow is a paid service not sure it will do what I need. Sales is not the place to discover what I need.

Thanks.

Chris

0 Votes
juli
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hi again @gelflex-cc!

One of our very talented Professors, @KyleJepson just wrote a really cool blog post about this exact topic. It covers the majority of contact properties that will automatically update for you. 

Additionally, our HubSpot Insights tool will fill in as many of the following as it can on any Company record that has a company domain included:

Name
Company Domain
Industry
Phone Number
City
State/Region

Postal Code

Number of Employees
Annual Revenue

Time Zone

Descripton

Is Public

Total Money Raised

Year Founded
LinkedIn Company Page

Facebook Company Page

Twitter Handle

You can learn more about HubSpot Insights here

Please also keep in mind, any property regarding an association between two objects will also update on its own for you. This includes but is not limited to:

Parent Company
Child Company

Number of Child Companies
Associated Company (on Contact Records)

Associated Contacts
Associated Deals

Recent Deal Amount
First Deal Create Date

Hope this helps! 

gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

@juli Thank you.  @KyleJepson is great. I enjoy his lessons and tracks. Printing the blog post now.

gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

@juli Thanks for doing this.

I am poor at the Community. Would love a tutorial. Does one exist?

How do I find all the questions I have posted?

How do I pm/dm someone in the community? IE if I wanted to send you a message and I go to the envelope, you do not come up.

Thanks.

Chris

0 Votes
jennysowyrda
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi @gelflex-cc,

If you have specific questions about the Community, please let me know. 

You can find all of the threads you have engaged with by going to your profile (either by clicking on your username, or by navigating to the outline of a person in the top navigation and selecting "my profile")

Similarly for DM'ing someone in the Community, you can either click on the envelope icon from the top navigation and select "new message" or you can click on their username and then select "send message". 

If you have further questions, please feel free to start a new thread and tag me in (@jennysowyrda) and we can assist.

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Votes
gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

@jennysowyrda 

I can not find you in the list to send a dm.  I could send one to @juli and it included me.

Posts - great thank you.

0 Votes
juli
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hey @gelflex-cc!

I'm going to loop in our Community Manager @jennysowyrda here. She will be able to answer your question!

dwachowicz
Participant

Hello!

Wondering about best practices on how to address a new year in the deals pipeline. We have worked with hubspot during 2018 and would like to see fresh statistics, closed deals, etc. for 2019. 

Thank you in advanced!

0 Votes
juli
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hello @dwachowicz and Happy New Year!

I hope your 2019 is off to a fruitful start and that your deal pipeline is already rockin’! You can absolutely filter all of your reporting down to just this year.

On your Sales Dashboard, you have the option to filter your reports to any time frame you want. We even include a default option of This Year to make it easy for you.

There are two ways you can filter your dashboard by Date Range: individually by report or you can filter the entire dashboard at once.

For instructions on how to filter the entire Sales Dashboard by date range, please check out this article. (Linking it here instead of typing the instructions because it comes with handy reference pictures.)

To edit the date range of any individual report on your dashboard, you can hover your mouse of the report you want to edit and click the small blue link that says "Report Settings." It will appear in the second line of text in the report (just under the title).

When you see the Report Settings options slide in from the right side of the screen, you’ll know you’re in the right place. In that pop-up you can set the date range to whatever you want it to be. In your case, you would set it to be This Year.

0 Votes
gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

@juli THANK YOU 🙂

0 Votes
gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

@juli

Hi Juli,

This may seem odd,  I have been a software beta tester in other environments and in my personal HubSpot account, where can I find known bugs?  I am not trying to highlight issues rather look outside the box gaining a better understanding of the software capabilities vs needs. 

Through conversations, I understand the intent and the use of products are not always the same.  At each company I have brought HubSpot to there is always a slightly different need. 

Thanks.

Chris

0 Votes
juli
Ancien salarié HubSpot
Ancien salarié HubSpot

Hi @gelflex-cc

At this time, we do not publish a list of our existing know bugs, primarily because we have a very dedicated team of developers who work extremely hard to make sure those bugs don’t stick around for very long. If you do come across something specifically that you believe is a bug and you want to report it , I would encourage you to create a new thread here in the appropriate section of the Community. Our moderators will always do their best to follow up and report it to the development team.

0 Votes