Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

CCoffman1
参加者

App for SMS in custom object workflows

解決

Hi,

We are using Justcall for SMS as part of workflows right now but we're transitioning from the standard Deal object to a custom-object for these workflows. It doesn't look like Justcall supports Custom-object based workflows.

Does anyone have an app they would recommend that will work to send SMS as part of a custom-object based workflow?

Thanks

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
CCoffman1
解決策
参加者

解決

Hey Mike,

I do have Ops hub. I considered doing a webhook to hit Just Call's API via Zapier (which I confirmed works) but I can't send as the owner of the record, I can only send from a pre-selected phone number on our Justcall account. This won't work because when someone replies we need those directed to the record owner.

I ended up creating a Contact-based workflow that is enrolled by the custom object but this isn't a great solution because the content of the communication is really specific to the custom object. I can copy those content-specific properties to the custom object but each Contact might have multiple associated custom objects so that doesn't work.

Ultimately I settled with a more generic contact based workflow with the hopes that Justcall will build out support for our custom object for a fee (in discussion now).

Thanks for your help.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

3件の返信
Mike_Eastwood
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner
キーアドバイザー | Gold Partner

解決

Hi @CCoffman1 

Do you have Ops Hub? If so a little custom code could be used to trigger an SMS via Just Call's API's.

Alternatively, it would be possible to create a custom intergation to send the SMS but there would be development and hosting costs.

Could you set some custom Contact properties, in your Custom Object Workflow, then use a Contact Based Workflow to send the SMS?

Curiously

Mike

CCoffman1
解決策
参加者

解決

Hey Mike,

I do have Ops hub. I considered doing a webhook to hit Just Call's API via Zapier (which I confirmed works) but I can't send as the owner of the record, I can only send from a pre-selected phone number on our Justcall account. This won't work because when someone replies we need those directed to the record owner.

I ended up creating a Contact-based workflow that is enrolled by the custom object but this isn't a great solution because the content of the communication is really specific to the custom object. I can copy those content-specific properties to the custom object but each Contact might have multiple associated custom objects so that doesn't work.

Ultimately I settled with a more generic contact based workflow with the hopes that Justcall will build out support for our custom object for a fee (in discussion now).

Thanks for your help.

kvlschaefer
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @CCoffman1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have any recommendations.

Hi @himanshurauthan@Mike_Eastwood@ChrisoKlepke - Do you have any integration recommendations for @CCoffman1's use case?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !