Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

CCoffman1
Teilnehmer/-in

App for SMS in custom object workflows

lösung

Hi,

We are using Justcall for SMS as part of workflows right now but we're transitioning from the standard Deal object to a custom-object for these workflows. It doesn't look like Justcall supports Custom-object based workflows.

Does anyone have an app they would recommend that will work to send SMS as part of a custom-object based workflow?

Thanks

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
CCoffman1
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey Mike,

I do have Ops hub. I considered doing a webhook to hit Just Call's API via Zapier (which I confirmed works) but I can't send as the owner of the record, I can only send from a pre-selected phone number on our Justcall account. This won't work because when someone replies we need those directed to the record owner.

I ended up creating a Contact-based workflow that is enrolled by the custom object but this isn't a great solution because the content of the communication is really specific to the custom object. I can copy those content-specific properties to the custom object but each Contact might have multiple associated custom objects so that doesn't work.

Ultimately I settled with a more generic contact based workflow with the hopes that Justcall will build out support for our custom object for a fee (in discussion now).

Thanks for your help.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
Mike_Eastwood
Autorität | Gold Partner
Autorität | Gold Partner

lösung

Hi @CCoffman1 

Do you have Ops Hub? If so a little custom code could be used to trigger an SMS via Just Call's API's.

Alternatively, it would be possible to create a custom intergation to send the SMS but there would be development and hosting costs.

Could you set some custom Contact properties, in your Custom Object Workflow, then use a Contact Based Workflow to send the SMS?

Curiously

Mike

CCoffman1
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hey Mike,

I do have Ops hub. I considered doing a webhook to hit Just Call's API via Zapier (which I confirmed works) but I can't send as the owner of the record, I can only send from a pre-selected phone number on our Justcall account. This won't work because when someone replies we need those directed to the record owner.

I ended up creating a Contact-based workflow that is enrolled by the custom object but this isn't a great solution because the content of the communication is really specific to the custom object. I can copy those content-specific properties to the custom object but each Contact might have multiple associated custom objects so that doesn't work.

Ultimately I settled with a more generic contact based workflow with the hopes that Justcall will build out support for our custom object for a fee (in discussion now).

Thanks for your help.

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @CCoffman1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have any recommendations.

Hi @himanshurauthan@Mike_Eastwood@ChrisoKlepke - Do you have any integration recommendations for @CCoffman1's use case?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !