Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MHughes3

Annual servicing for clients

SOLVE

Does anyone have suggestions on how we can use hubspot to monitor the annual serivcing of our cleints. 

Each year we are required to provide an annual serivcing to our clients, to check in with them and check everything is still okay. The month in which we service them is based on the month they became a client. 

is there a functionality on hubspot that we could use to monitor, Which client is coming up for their service, Who is the account manager in charge, and has the serivce been completed ?

Thanks 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MHughes3,

The starting point for this would be a contact-based workflow (available in Professional and Enterprise subscriptions), centered on a date property. This date property option allows you to have the workflow recur annually. (Contact-based workflows are the only workflows with this option.)

A certain number of days before the annual servicing due date, you could create a ticket record and automatically assign it to the Contact owner:

karstenkoehler_0-1621438454473.png

For this, I'd recommend a separate ticket pipeline to keep things clean.

Now this solution has an obvious downside: By default, a ticket would be created for each contact, not for each company. You could further narrow this down if there is one contact per company with a certain buying role (or other identifying property); the decision-maker. Then, you could restrict enrollment to this workflow to that decision-maker and the most accurate date property (I picked Became a customer date).

There are some details to figure out regarding the specifics of the properties used but this could work.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MHughes3,

The starting point for this would be a contact-based workflow (available in Professional and Enterprise subscriptions), centered on a date property. This date property option allows you to have the workflow recur annually. (Contact-based workflows are the only workflows with this option.)

A certain number of days before the annual servicing due date, you could create a ticket record and automatically assign it to the Contact owner:

karstenkoehler_0-1621438454473.png

For this, I'd recommend a separate ticket pipeline to keep things clean.

Now this solution has an obvious downside: By default, a ticket would be created for each contact, not for each company. You could further narrow this down if there is one contact per company with a certain buying role (or other identifying property); the decision-maker. Then, you could restrict enrollment to this workflow to that decision-maker and the most accurate date property (I picked Became a customer date).

There are some details to figure out regarding the specifics of the properties used but this could work.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.