Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

LBranch27

Alternative for Custom Objects (Free version)

SOLVE

Hi there!

I'm wondering if anyone has ideas or tips for an alternative to custom objects? 

Context:

• I have a solo consultant client currently using the free version of HubSpot
  • We determined that Custom Objects are the perfect solution but since it's unavailable in the free version, we're looking for alternatives and I'm not finding much
  • Our current idea is to create those objects as contacts for now and convert to custom objects later when he eventually gets a full HubSpot subscription
2 Accepted solutions
LBranch27
Solution

SOLVE

Definitely crossed my mind as well! I still lean more into Contacts over Tickets because there are some significant custom identifiers/properties that need to be assigned to this "object" we're looking to integrate.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

If Custom Objects are not available in the free version of HubSpot, there are a few alternatives that you can consider:

1. Properties: Depending on the complexity of the data you need to store, you may be able to use properties on existing objects (e.g., contacts, companies, deals) to store the information you need. For example, if you need to store information about a product, you can create custom properties on the deal object to store that information.

2. Workflows: Workflows can be used to automate tasks and update data in HubSpot. You can create a workflow to update properties on existing objects based on certain criteria or triggers. For example, you can create a workflow that updates a custom property on a contact based on the value of another property.

3. Integrations: If there are other tools that your client uses to manage their data, you can consider integrating those tools with HubSpot to sync data between the two platforms. This can help you avoid duplicating data in HubSpot and provide a more seamless experience for your client.

While these alternatives may not provide the same level of flexibility as Custom Objects, they can still be effective solutions depending on your specific use case. When your client eventually upgrades to a full HubSpot subscription, you can migrate the data to Custom Objects if necessary.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

If Custom Objects are not available in the free version of HubSpot, there are a few alternatives that you can consider:

1. Properties: Depending on the complexity of the data you need to store, you may be able to use properties on existing objects (e.g., contacts, companies, deals) to store the information you need. For example, if you need to store information about a product, you can create custom properties on the deal object to store that information.

2. Workflows: Workflows can be used to automate tasks and update data in HubSpot. You can create a workflow to update properties on existing objects based on certain criteria or triggers. For example, you can create a workflow that updates a custom property on a contact based on the value of another property.

3. Integrations: If there are other tools that your client uses to manage their data, you can consider integrating those tools with HubSpot to sync data between the two platforms. This can help you avoid duplicating data in HubSpot and provide a more seamless experience for your client.

While these alternatives may not provide the same level of flexibility as Custom Objects, they can still be effective solutions depending on your specific use case. When your client eventually upgrades to a full HubSpot subscription, you can migrate the data to Custom Objects if necessary.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBranch27,

Depending on what you want to achieve, the ticket object is usually a good stand-in for a custom object – since it can be associated with contact, companies and deals.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LBranch27
Solution

SOLVE

Definitely crossed my mind as well! I still lean more into Contacts over Tickets because there are some significant custom identifiers/properties that need to be assigned to this "object" we're looking to integrate.

0 Upvotes