Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jeffroe

Address and multiple "custom phone number" searchable properties

Hello, 

I'm a contractor and it has come to my attention that only these property fields are searchable by default:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Email address (you can only search using the primary email address)
  • Phone number (searches the default Phone number property)
  • Notes
  • Email subject
  • Related task
  • Call log
  • Meeting log

I was hoping we could change the property fields to include a searchable billable or project address property? Or maybe 2-4 custom properties that would be searchable with out going into the enterprise edition of hubspot? Right now we need to type the address in google, then copy the full address to be pasted under a custom "property address" property. Even a google live property field that can auto populate the address as you type it would be amazing. I have multiple contractor friends who own companies telling me hubspot is not going to work. I disagree with them but when simple issues like this occur it does make me heed their advise a bit more. We have 3 employees so it’s a bit hard to swallow a $1000+ a month bill for the enterprise edition just to make simple address fields and various phone number field searchable.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I've love to hear about your work arounds in the meantime.

Hubspot, are you thinking of making any of these basic contact properties searching anytime soon?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Address and multiple "custom phone number" searchable properties

Hi @jeffroe !  You can read about all of the properties that are searchable within your HubSpot account here and you are correct that custom properties that are searchable are only available on Enterprise accounts.  There isn't a way around this limitation however if you want to search in a HubSpot property why not use our filtered view?

Right now we need to type the address in google, then copy the full address to be pasted under a custom "property address" property. Even a google live property field that can auto-populate the address as you type it would be amazing. 

I am understanding that as something separate to the searchable property question but correct me if I'm wrong!  We have HubSpot insights available on company records which will gather information based on the information available online.  I like your idea of a Google Live property field - have you seen this in action in any other software that you could link me to?  Would you see this has been used in forms or just within the HubSpot portal?  I've definitely had a conversation many moons ago about searchable postcodes in form fields but can't unearth it right now!