Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jerlenaz360
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

Additional Fields for Persona Information

SOLVE

Basic question (and sorry if this is not the right forum to ask), but is there a way to add more custom fields to the "Persona Information" when creating a Persona in HubSpot?  They have the basic fields like bio, demographics, etc., but since we've put all of this time into building out detailed Personas, with some specific information germane to a particular persona, it would be nice to have all that info in one location in HubSpot, instead of having to update or refer to a separate document.  I don't want these fields as part of the contact, but just within the Persona Information area.  Would seem to be a simple addition to HubSpot since it's just in one location and not linked anywhere else (except through the Persona field).

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Nice work @jerlenaz360 

Great to here you've put some effort into your personas.

You can create a new Property Group for your Persona Properties. Also, I would prefix the property name with Persona so it's easy to search e.g. "Persona Age" and it separates the property f you later add an Age Property.

Here's a challenge for you: what question can you ask, in a form, so people self select the Persona they identifiy with.

Here's a simplistic example:

What's your biggest challenge with marketing?

a) reporting to my manager

b) seeing the results my staff's campaigns

See how the question would categorise them as a particular Persona.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jerlenaz360,

If you're asking about the view below specifically, then there are no customization options which allow you add more fields.

persona.png

Your best option would be to include additional information in the Story text box, there doesn't seem to be a character limit – or to link to a separate document, like you mentioned.

Generally, I'd argue that the persona field is not especially easy to access. Having a bookmark (1 clicks) for your personas is probably faster in your day to day than navigating to the settings > Properties, searching and selecting the Persona property and then the correct value (4 clicks + typing).

Personally, I'm only using the Name and Description field. Anything else is documented in a bookmarked spreadsheet where I have everything at a glance and can also easily see differences between personas.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jerlenaz360,

If you're asking about the view below specifically, then there are no customization options which allow you add more fields.

persona.png

Your best option would be to include additional information in the Story text box, there doesn't seem to be a character limit – or to link to a separate document, like you mentioned.

Generally, I'd argue that the persona field is not especially easy to access. Having a bookmark (1 clicks) for your personas is probably faster in your day to day than navigating to the settings > Properties, searching and selecting the Persona property and then the correct value (4 clicks + typing).

Personally, I'm only using the Name and Description field. Anything else is documented in a bookmarked spreadsheet where I have everything at a glance and can also easily see differences between personas.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Nice work @jerlenaz360 

Great to here you've put some effort into your personas.

You can create a new Property Group for your Persona Properties. Also, I would prefix the property name with Persona so it's easy to search e.g. "Persona Age" and it separates the property f you later add an Age Property.

Here's a challenge for you: what question can you ask, in a form, so people self select the Persona they identifiy with.

Here's a simplistic example:

What's your biggest challenge with marketing?

a) reporting to my manager

b) seeing the results my staff's campaigns

See how the question would categorise them as a particular Persona.

Have fun

Mike