Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

agaved
Teilnehmer/-in

Adding to a property via form without overwriting old value

lösung

Hi

I am in an ONG that provides training and consultancy services to small entrepreneurs in Brazil and we are implementing Hubspot Free Tools.

We work on a project basis, and we have entrepreneurs that are included in various projects. I would like to keep all projects attended by an entrepreneur in a property (let's call it "Projects Envolvement").

To easily gather this information I thought to add an hidden field with the project name in the project admission form, but doing so I would only have the last project stored in the property.

Is there a way to have this information added to the existing value of the property without overwriting its contents? Or is there a better way to handle this case?

Many thanks in advance

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @agaved,

This is unfortunately not possible at this stage. The default behavior of form submissions is to overwrite instead of append. This cannot be changed.

The only workaround that I know of would require a workflow. One property is used in a form, a workflow then appends the new value to a second property. (Appending values is an option in workflows.) Workflows are however only available in Professional and Enterprise licenses.

Other users have requested this option in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: Append properties from form submissions You can upvote the idea and comment with your own use case. The product team reviews these suggestions based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
agaved
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Karster

I understand... I upvoted the proposal you mentioned,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Adriano

karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @agaved,

This is unfortunately not possible at this stage. The default behavior of form submissions is to overwrite instead of append. This cannot be changed.

The only workaround that I know of would require a workflow. One property is used in a form, a workflow then appends the new value to a second property. (Appending values is an option in workflows.) Workflows are however only available in Professional and Enterprise licenses.

Other users have requested this option in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: Append properties from form submissions You can upvote the idea and comment with your own use case. The product team reviews these suggestions based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LSánchezAlarc
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @karstenkoehler , hope everything is fine with you. 

Do you have an example of how we can create that Workflow? I am trying to create it but I can not keep the value added in the main property. 

The logic I am thinking is: If the the property A has info, please do not update it but update property B. If property B has info, please update property C. 

How can I do that? Thanks!

0 Upvotes