Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jeffnewy
Membro

Adding incremental bits of data to a contact

resolver

Hi.  Using Hubspot to collect data on my clients already.

I'd like to collect data on time spent working for them, and collate it into a hubspot field as a running average of time spent on them.  Which means i'd need to record time for each service, then average the current and historical times, then insert that data to a hubspot field.

can anyone suggest a simple way to do this, i guess using an external form, and then perhaps using zapier to send fill in the hubspot field?   only need to keep the updated average in hubspot.

thanks

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
Mike_Eastwood
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Ouro

resolver

Hi @jeffnewy 

You could create a Ticket in HubSpot, assign it to your Contact, and log the time in a Custom Property in the Ticket.

Tasks would be ideal but they aren't very flexible.

For our agency we use an external (outside HubSpot) ticketing system.

Have fun

Mike

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @jeffnewy,

There are a few time and expense tracking apps which integrate with HubSpot. for example PSOhub. There are also tools like Clockify (picks up the name of ticket records), TMetric (timer button for HubSpot tasks) or Hourstack (also for tasks) which seem to work well with HubSpot. Would one of these work?

In my opinion, with a workaround using a form or a custom property to log time, the chance for human error increases. Unless you want to build custom reports in HubSpot (which aren't available in the free CRM), I don't see any added value to capturing and storing this information in HubSpot. A Zapier solution would be complex and prone to error, an actual external time tracking solution much more accurate, easy to use and better for reporting.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @jeffnewy,

There are a few time and expense tracking apps which integrate with HubSpot. for example PSOhub. There are also tools like Clockify (picks up the name of ticket records), TMetric (timer button for HubSpot tasks) or Hourstack (also for tasks) which seem to work well with HubSpot. Would one of these work?

In my opinion, with a workaround using a form or a custom property to log time, the chance for human error increases. Unless you want to build custom reports in HubSpot (which aren't available in the free CRM), I don't see any added value to capturing and storing this information in HubSpot. A Zapier solution would be complex and prone to error, an actual external time tracking solution much more accurate, easy to use and better for reporting.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva
Mike_Eastwood
Solução

resolver

Hi @jeffnewy 

You could create a Ticket in HubSpot, assign it to your Contact, and log the time in a Custom Property in the Ticket.

Tasks would be ideal but they aren't very flexible.

For our agency we use an external (outside HubSpot) ticketing system.

Have fun

Mike

0 Avaliação positiva