Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MReyes13

Access Non-Hubspot Form Submission Data for Reporting

SOLVE

Hi!

We have a non-Hubspot-based form on our website that acts as a Waitlist, so Contacts can enter their email and receive updates when a product is back in stock. Form submissions tell us the name, email, date of submission, and conversion page. In our case, these conversion pages are the actual products they want an update on. I can export the submission data into a CSV/XLS but I'd like to use this info to create reports within Hubspot (ex. 10+ contacts have done a waitlist form submission on the same product->communicate the spot buy need to management).  Currently, I can only build Lists/Reports with 2 properties (the number of submissions and the name of the form) but not the contents of those submissions.

TL;DR Can I access the form submission data through other Properties in Hubspot?

(On Sales Hub Professional)

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MReyes13 

Non-HubSpot Form fields are automatically mapped to matching HubSpot properties. So you can create custom properties to get the submission data onto to contact object and make them accessible to lists etc.

The rules for this automatic mapping are explained here: Mapping non-HubSpot form fields and HubSpot properties 

Unless one of your form fields is the page/product name though, the information about which product they enquired about will only be available in the contact property Recent Conversion - this stores the page and form as a string but can also be used in lists etc. Be aware, Recent Conversion is overwritten with every new form submission. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MReyes13 

Non-HubSpot Form fields are automatically mapped to matching HubSpot properties. So you can create custom properties to get the submission data onto to contact object and make them accessible to lists etc.

The rules for this automatic mapping are explained here: Mapping non-HubSpot form fields and HubSpot properties 

Unless one of your form fields is the page/product name though, the information about which product they enquired about will only be available in the contact property Recent Conversion - this stores the page and form as a string but can also be used in lists etc. Be aware, Recent Conversion is overwritten with every new form submission. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
MReyes13

SOLVE

Hi Phil, thank you for the response.

Shoot, hoping that wasn't the case but seems as though the Recent Conversation property is the next best option. I'd love to place an extra field in the form so people can choose which product they'd like, then map that property (like you said) to one in Hubspot, but I'm unsure we can adjust the form within WordPress to accommodate that process. Appreciate the help though!

0 Upvotes