Ability to insert ticket details into the subject of an email

StuStokes
Participant

Hi Guys,

Been having a play with service hub and in the main it is close to us deplying it across our organisation.

That said, we would love it if ticket details (Id, Name, etc.) could be included in the email subject when replying to a ticket. 

At present no text is displayed meaning we have to manually insert information which is not going to work long term.

Here's hoping!

Cheers,
Stu

8 Replies 8
raylawrence
Participant

Yes, if it's needed to route ticket replies to the ticket thread . If that's not required then not having that identifier in the suject makes the conversation feel more personal and not from a support desk application.

I notice that responses from HS to support requests have the ticket number in the subject (and we're used to it in our current support app). 

briansweat
Contributor

We can't figure out how HS is attaching email replies to tickets.  I posted under the Tickets & Conversations forum.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tickets-Conversations/All-inbound-emails-from-a-contact-are-attache...

0 Upvotes
StuStokes
Participant

There is now the possibility of adding TicketID to an email template that can be used when contacting clients who have submitted a ticket - I thought we are on!

However, when using the TicketID field it always returns the first ticketID that is associated with that particualar client and not the current ticketID that you are replying from.

We are close to migrating but do need the ticketID field to display the current ticketID.

Cheers,
Stu

briansweat
Contributor
You're right. We have a support ticket about that. Originally, it was using the value from the oldest ticket. Then, they fixed it to use the newest ticket. I haven't tested again, but it should be "this ticket" when working with a specific ticket.
0 Upvotes
StuStokes
Participant

Hi Brian,

Just deleted the previous template and started again just t be sure. 

Unfortunately, it is still pulling the TicketID from the first ticket and not the latest, so beware. I'll log a ticket about this as it is one of the things preventing us from moving over from our current helpdesk system.

Cheers,
Stu

0 Upvotes
briansweat
Contributor

We need to run more tests, but you generally don't want to change the email subject of an existing "conversation".  Replies may create a new conversation, etc.

One HubSpot support rep suggested sending that confirmation email from a no-reply email address, simply as a confirmation.  We really want customers to be able to simply reply to emails, so we got rid of the whole "email confirmation" workflow.

p.s., We're still unable to use Service Hub due to the email problems, so my comments are based on testing, not actual daily use.  We should start a Service Hub users group - to avoid all of the duplicate testing/troubleshooting.

0 Upvotes
basil
Key Advisor

I think a workaround for this is to use a template that inserts ticket tokens. However, it would be nice to have an automated solution.

tjurgens
Participant

This needs to be an automated solution.  A template is great in a perfect world where you only get tickets from customers through one avenue (web form), but customers can call in, email in tickets and submit tickets through a web form. 

The platform needs to handle this setup, changing workflows to work around something like this is not practical or likely to happen.