Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

7 HubSpot Reports You Need To Build.

I stumbled accross this post on Inbound.org and thought that fellow marketers on the HubSpot Community would find it interesting. Kudos to IMPACT for the write up.

7 HubSpot Marketing Reports You Need To Build

Comment below what you've seen in your own marketing and how it reflects the ideas in the post!

4 Replies 4
MSanchez31

There are also three different report types: explorer, flat table, and map overlay. Explorer: This is the basic report. It includes the line graph and the data table below, which you're very familiar with. Flat table: This is one of the most common custom report types.

1. In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Reports.
  2. In the upper right, click Create report.
  3. In the Report templates section, browse for a report you want to save or add: To filter the reports on the right, select the Tool and Visualization you're looking for in the left panel.
0 Upvotes
KCervantezson

IMPACT has been using the HubSpot Reporting Tool for some time now and, let me tell you, we love it.

Leveraging it, we’ve developed more tailored reporting for our top of the funnel marketing, business development, and sales pipelines. We’ve also moved more things from spreadsheets into HubSpot Marketing, which honestly, has too many positive implications to list.

On top of that, we’ve used HubSpot’s Reporting Tool to discover some unexpected, but critical trends in our marketing.

Below, I’ll share a few of those reports, what we’ve found, and why you need to build them for your marketing team as well.

It’s pretty common to look at overall site traffic as a metric to judge marketing performance, but, that’s often a pretty wide generalization of how people are interacting with your organization.

By comparing Blog, Landing Page, and Website Interior traffic, you can get an idea of how your traffic is distributed and how one affects another.

Here are a few things we’ve noticed by segmenting our traffic by destination, for example:

1. Large changes in blog traffic drive small changes in landing page traffic and even smaller changes in interior site traffic.
  2. We drive the most traffic to our interior site pages when we change our navigation bar or run specific campaigns. This effect slowly wears off over time showing us that our site needs to be constantly evolving in order to keep people’s attention.
  3. Months with high interior page traffic correlate with the months we do the most new business.  Months with spikes in blog traffic correlate with the months we do the least new business.  
  4. People don’t read marketing blogs between December 25th and January 1st.
Alexdebecker

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Wish there was more of a breakdown on how to actually create these reports for us newbies, but I guess that's sort of my bad. Learn first, then customise reports!

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @Alexdebecker we have some great resources in our Academy if you're looking for help getting started with the reporting tools, I've pulled together a few of my favorites below:

0 Upvotes