Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Koskinen
Participant

2FA is currently unavailable?

SOLVE

Hi,

I enabled 2FA on my account last week. However, after that I have been unable to login with the Safari browser. This is what happens:

1) I enter the 2FA code sent to me.
2) The page briefly (in less than a second) displays an error message stating that 2FA is currently unavailable.
3) I get redirected back to the login screen.

On Chrome everything works just fine.

Where could I report this bug appropriately? I was only able to find a link to this community.

All the best,
Matias

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for the update @Koskinen!

Often times if there is something in your cache that is an outdated version of a page/page loaded with old information then that will cause issues such as this. Clearing the cache ensures that your browser is loading the most up to date version of the page, which in your case would ensure that it was allowing the 2FA request to go through.

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Koskinen,

I am here from HubSpot to assist with anything that isn't working as it should. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Can you please confirm the issue persists after clearing your cache? Additionally, what version of Safari are you using? Does the issue only occur for this page/through this link? Are you able to load hubspot.com in geeneral?

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better I can assist!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Koskinen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda!

Thanks for your reply! Here is some further information for you.

Clearning the cache solved the issue. I wonder what might have caused that? The issue also occured on my mobile Safari browser yesterday. I probably have to clear the cache there as well.

I am running Safari Version 12.0 (14606.1.36.1.9) on macOS Mojave 10.14 (18A391). On mobile I am running iOS version 12.0 (16A366).

The site I opened was app.hubspot.com/*. Now that I resetted the Safari I cannot remember which exact subpage I was attempting to access. The login screen loaded just fine.

And finally, here is the error message. The message popped up when I pressed "log in" after entering the 2FA code details. However, the page reloaded so fast (in less than a second) that even getting the screenshot was troublesome.

Thanks Jenny!

Screenshot 2018-10-03 at 15.43.12.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for the update @Koskinen!

Often times if there is something in your cache that is an outdated version of a page/page loaded with old information then that will cause issues such as this. Clearing the cache ensures that your browser is loading the most up to date version of the page, which in your case would ensure that it was allowing the 2FA request to go through.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
RunGraphik
Contributor

SOLVE

Since Safari 12.0, Hubspot doesn't work properly.

When I try to log in, it goes back to log in screen... kind of a loop after it's logged and redirect back. I have removed all filter in my Safari Preferences but nothing.

After purging the Cache, yes it works but next time I try to log in, same issue. Need a fix please.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RunGraphik,

HubSpot will work best on the most updated version of Safari. Can you confirm your browser is up to date? Additionally, are you only getting stuck on the login page? Do you have any extensions running in your browser? If so, can you please try disabling them to see if this resolves the issue? 

0 Upvotes
RunGraphik
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Jenny

I noticed it happends only when I try to open the Activity page, which redirect to log in page, then it goes on a cycle of redirections.

But if I open other pages, it works perfectly 🤔

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @RunGraphik

If you can collect Safari's equivalent of a har file and a video of what you are experiencing, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
RunGraphik
Contributor

SOLVE

Okay thanks, gonna send it to the HS Support directly. Hope it gets fixed soon 😉

0 Upvotes