Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

CollinSmith_CTS

Implementing Inbound Marketing: First Steps

SOLVE

Hello everyone!

I want to begin implementing inbound marketing at my company, but it seems to me the first step to doing that is having a website that will allow all the different lead acquiring strategies (i.e. a blogging section to the website, CTAs, landing pages, etc.). It may take some time for our website design company to re-design (or overhaul) our website to function as it should. What are some things I can be doing in the meantime? My initial thought was to determine who our buyer personas would be and present the executive team with a brief presentation on what inbound marketing is. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

C

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CollinSmith_CTS

Welcome to the inbound/HubSpot community - good choice!

You're absolutely right that you can and should be working on things like personas while your website is adapted to meet the (basically) essential requirements for inbound - FYI, HubSpot Marketing Software gives you all the basics in one tool: blogging, landing pages, CTAs, forms, etc. You just need to get them designed to match your existing site.

Inbound is always more successful more quickly if based on a sound and thorough strategy. So, doing persona research (LinkedIn is great for this), developing your content strategy (the topics you will create), doing SEO keyword research, and planning your use of email and social are all valuable strategic steps that you can take while your website is under development. 

Creating content is normally the hardest thing for new inbound marketers and it is never too soon to start. I'd get someone writing blog posts and an ebook now. That when, when your site is ready, you can go live with content right away. 

HubSpot Certifications are another great thing you can do while in planning mode - they are super useful and you might have less time to do them once things are up and running. 

If you have any questions, just drop me a note. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CollinSmith_CTS

Welcome to the inbound/HubSpot community - good choice!

You're absolutely right that you can and should be working on things like personas while your website is adapted to meet the (basically) essential requirements for inbound - FYI, HubSpot Marketing Software gives you all the basics in one tool: blogging, landing pages, CTAs, forms, etc. You just need to get them designed to match your existing site.

Inbound is always more successful more quickly if based on a sound and thorough strategy. So, doing persona research (LinkedIn is great for this), developing your content strategy (the topics you will create), doing SEO keyword research, and planning your use of email and social are all valuable strategic steps that you can take while your website is under development. 

Creating content is normally the hardest thing for new inbound marketers and it is never too soon to start. I'd get someone writing blog posts and an ebook now. That when, when your site is ready, you can go live with content right away. 

HubSpot Certifications are another great thing you can do while in planning mode - they are super useful and you might have less time to do them once things are up and running. 

If you have any questions, just drop me a note. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency