Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

zrogers

Best Time to Contact field

SOLVE

Hi HubSpotters,

We would like to add a field for "Best Time to Contact" so when prospects fill out a consultation form, our sales team knows the best time to reach out to that individual. We market to eye doctors who have a very hectic schedule and this would help a ton with getting to them at the appropriate time.

My question is: what type of field should we use to record this? My first instinct was just a Text Area field in Salesforce, but then I wondered if there are better options for potential reporting in the future.

Thoughts? What have you used to record "Best Time to Contact" on your prospects?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @zrogers

The easiest solution is indeed a text area but this does leave you open to a multitude of responses. 

If you want to be able to segment contacts based on this information you would be better off using a dropdown or checkbox field with options like morning, afternoon and evening. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @zrogers

The easiest solution is indeed a text area but this does leave you open to a multitude of responses. 

If you want to be able to segment contacts based on this information you would be better off using a dropdown or checkbox field with options like morning, afternoon and evening. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency