Tickets & Conversations

JIrvine1
Contributor

ticket auto assignment when the pipeline is changed

Here's my scenario: A ticket is created and auto assigned to a user. The user determines that the ticket was created in the wrong pipeline and moves the ticket to the correct pipeline. When this happens, there is no auto assignment that takes place. How can I trigger the auto assignment of the ticket when this happens?

4 Replies 4
Shubham_Sharma
Top Contributor

Hey @JIrvine1 

To trigger the auto-assignment of a ticket when it is moved to a different pipeline, you can use the workflow feature in HubSpot:

In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation and then to Workflows

Create a new workflow and select Ticket-based.

Set your enrollment trigger based on the ticket's movement to a different pipeline or status.

Add an action for rotate ticket to owner, which will automatically assign the ticket to a new owner based on your specified criteria.Make sure to checkmark overwrite if the ticket has an existing owner, to ensure the new assignment takes precedence over any previous assignments.

To undersand this better you can go through this HubSpot acdemy lesson: https://app.hubspot.com/academy/45745386/lessons/808/4108?language=EN 

Let me know if you have any followup questions!

0 Upvotes
JIrvine1
Contributor

Yhis almost works. The regular assignment rule only asigns to users who are available, this assigned to anyone in the team, even users who are marked away. 😞

0 Upvotes
Shubham_Sharma
Top Contributor

You're welcome @JIrvine1 

If my answer resolved your query, kindly mark it as the accepted solution. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
JIrvine1
Contributor

Thank you!!
0 Upvotes