Tickets & Conversations

KimRogers
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

find multiple tickets using a workflow

lösung

Hey 

I wonder if anyone has a hack for this: 

In summary, I trying to find a way via a workflow to see if a contact has a ticket in 2 different ticket pipelines. 

We have pipeline for disputes and one for overdue payments so I want to create actions via a workflow based on the result of whether a contact has a ticket open in both (e.g. if they do, I want to edit the ticket name of one of them) 

Any ideas on how to do this? 

I have Hubspot enterprise on all the hubs. 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @KimRogers,

The key here is not trying to check from contact-based workflow but using ticket-based workflows. Depending on your exact setup it could look differently but here's a starting point.

1. Create a custom multiple checkboxes property on the contact object with options "Pipeline 1" and "Pipeline 2"
  2. Create a ticket-based workflow, enroll tickets in pipeline 1, use Set property value action to append the value "Pipeline 1" on all associated contacts.
  3. Create a ticket-based workflow, enroll tickets in pipeline 2, use Set property value action to append the value "Pipeline 2" on all associated contacts.

You can now filter for contacts where this property has value "Pipeline 1" AND has value "Pipeline 2".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten
ColleenJ
Mitglied

lösung

Hey Kim! What logic did you use for the "then check if there was a ticket in 'Overdue Payments' pipeline" part of your workflow?

0 Upvotes
KimRogers

lösung

Hi CollenJ

In the Overdue Payments pipekine, I referenced the ticket name as our ticket names are updated to the customers name. If the same contact and an open ticket in the 'Overdue Payments' Pipeline, then update THAT ticket rather than create a new one. 

Hope that helps 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @KimRogers,

The key here is not trying to check from contact-based workflow but using ticket-based workflows. Depending on your exact setup it could look differently but here's a starting point.

1. Create a custom multiple checkboxes property on the contact object with options "Pipeline 1" and "Pipeline 2"
  2. Create a ticket-based workflow, enroll tickets in pipeline 1, use Set property value action to append the value "Pipeline 1" on all associated contacts.
  3. Create a ticket-based workflow, enroll tickets in pipeline 2, use Set property value action to append the value "Pipeline 2" on all associated contacts.

You can now filter for contacts where this property has value "Pipeline 1" AND has value "Pipeline 2".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KimRogers

lösung

Thanks Karsten! 

I applied your thinking but modified it a bit. 

• I created a new property on the contact to show if they had a 'Dispute Raised'
  • Via a workflow, I then updated that property whenever there was a new ticket in the Dipute Pipeline
  • I created a new ticket based workflow where the trigger was to check for any associated deals where 'Dispute Raised' was 'yes' 
  • Using an if/then branch, it would then check if there was a ticket in 'Overdue Payments' pipeline
  • If there was, it would update the ticket in Overdue payments pipeline. If there wasn't it would create a new ticket in the 'Overdue Payments' pipeline.  

Thanks for your quick response and help! 

0 Upvotes