decapitalising H2 tags

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

When we use the headings style (which changes the size of our text, as well as adding the relevant h tag) we can only seem to write in capitals. It seems that the only way to not do this is by writing the the title not in a heading style, changing its size and inserting the tag into the code, which is a pain for those in our team not particularly comfortable with html. 

Can anyone help me out? I'm sure there's a simple answer but none of us are particularly savvy at this sort of thing. 

I've attached a picture that should clarify what I mean. headings print screen.jpg

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Community Thought Leader

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting the solution

Q: When we use the headings style (which changes the size of our text, as well as adding the relevant h tag) we can only seem to write in capitals. It seems that the only way to not do this is by writing the the title not in a heading style, changing its size and inserting the tag into the code, which is a pain for those in our team not particularly comfortable with html. 

Can anyone help me out?

Short A: Yes, but you must be uber careful.

Longer A:

The heading styles (i.e., h1, h2, etc.) for your blog posts (and every other HubSpot type of page) are controlled by a .css file attached to your blog template. Thing is, depending on your template, that .css file could also be controlling your landing pages and webpages.

Point?

If you go in there and change the css for the wrong h2 tag you could 'decapitalize' [interesting word] h2's all over the place.

Recommendation, get a HubSpot dev to make the change for you.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this 'solution'.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes