Tickets & Conversations

DAndrione
Participant

contact & ticket association

SOLVE

Good morning

Contact & company association are pretty clear concept...

Looking for  guidance around contact to ticket association. 

How this can be used?

thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DAndrione,

The association between contact and ticket has many purposes:

• Easily see in the right sidebar of a ticket record which contact has submitted the ticket
  • See on the ticket index page (Menu > Service > Tickets) which contact has submitted the ticket
  • Create reports based on contacts have submitted the most tickets, the most tickets by category etc
  • Tag contacts from ticket workflows, e.g. putting all contacts requesting a specific feature into a static contact list

In general, this association tells you which contact has submitted a ticket. Without this association, a ticket wouldn't automatically contain the information by whom it was submitted.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @DAndrione,

These associations can have a lot of impact. 

Reporting and segmenting is a popular one - seeing which contacts and companies submit the most tickets, who submits tickets that take the most time to resolve, or analyzing ticket categories would be a few. 

But beyond that, simply giving your support teams the ability to dive further into related records for additional context can be really helpful. When a ticket is associated to a contact, you can dive into their previous tickets to better understand their previous interactions with your brand. Then new conversations can jump up from the previous context. Also, this can be important at the company level. 

Full disclosure, I work for Insycle. But we recently published an article that covers the common issues with ticket association in HubSpot, how those issues impact businesses, and how our software helps to alleviate some of those paints. Might be work checking out!

Best,

Ryan

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DAndrione,

The association between contact and ticket has many purposes:

• Easily see in the right sidebar of a ticket record which contact has submitted the ticket
  • See on the ticket index page (Menu > Service > Tickets) which contact has submitted the ticket
  • Create reports based on contacts have submitted the most tickets, the most tickets by category etc
  • Tag contacts from ticket workflows, e.g. putting all contacts requesting a specific feature into a static contact list

In general, this association tells you which contact has submitted a ticket. Without this association, a ticket wouldn't automatically contain the information by whom it was submitted.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.