change ticket contact

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have hubspot tickets being automatically created by email from our computer monitoring system. So the tickets are created associated with the From email address, which is the contact of the monitoring system: alerts@coolmonitoringproduct.com, for example. So the first thing I want to do is change the ticket contact to be the real client contact that the alert is regarding.

I can see no way to do this. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to chat with support, but in 4 different browsers the chat window blocks my typing with a stop circle/bar icon.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Occasional Contributor

Also related... when I creat a ticket, I can select any number of contacts (and/or companies) to be associated with the ticket. But after the ticket is created, there is no way to even show the associated contacts (within the ticket view), let alone edit or add to them. The ticket contact and company are only visible on the table view.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @bulogyx,

Because emails that come into the conversations tool associate with the email address, not the body of the email, that is why the responses are being associated with one email address/contact. 

I would recommend using HubSpot forms which will enable the form submissions to directly associate the form submission with the contact.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes