Tickets & Conversations

PChung
Participante

Zapier trigger to create ticket when it is assigned to me

resolver

Hi, 

Is it possible to set up a trigger on Zapier to create a Jira ticket only when a Hubspot ticket is assigned to me?

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
HubDoPete
Solução
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Ouro

resolver

Hi!

Yes this combination can generally be solved by:

• Set a Zapier trigger that detects a new or changed HubSpot ticket (try to collect custom properties such JIRA Ticket Number if any). If it's not in the trigger, add an action to get it from HubSpot)
  • Set a Zapier filter to only proceed if the assigned user is you, and JIRA ticket is blank
  • Create a JIRA Ticket
  • Update the HubSpot Ticket to save the JIRA ticket (to avoid duplicates if this Zap gets triggered multiple times)

best

Pete

Exibir solução no post original

HubDoPete
Solução

resolver

It's possible using Zapier but could be expensive.

You would probably have to trigger on HubSpot "New Engagement" followed by filters to discard everything that is not associated with a ticket, and doesn't contain your tag. Then you would process it to create the Jira ticket.

That could result in hundreds (potentially 1,000's) of wasted tasks just rummaging through for notes with your tag.

This would be more cost-effective to have a custom app which can efficiently receive and filter down new HubSpot engagements to only the ticket notes with your tag, then either send a webhook to Zapier to do the Jira tasks, or extend the same app to authenticate to Jira and create a ticket there.

Maybe there are other ways to detect being tagged in HubSpot. With Zapier triggers it would be a HubSpot Engagement "Note" plus filters

best

Pete

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
HubDoPete
Solução

resolver

Hi!

Yes this combination can generally be solved by:

• Set a Zapier trigger that detects a new or changed HubSpot ticket (try to collect custom properties such JIRA Ticket Number if any). If it's not in the trigger, add an action to get it from HubSpot)
  • Set a Zapier filter to only proceed if the assigned user is you, and JIRA ticket is blank
  • Create a JIRA Ticket
  • Update the HubSpot Ticket to save the JIRA ticket (to avoid duplicates if this Zap gets triggered multiple times)

best

Pete

PChung
Participante

resolver

Thanks! I was also wondering whether I am able to set a Zapier trigger so that a new Jira ticket is created when I am tagged in a ticket? 

0 Avaliação positiva
HubDoPete
Solução

resolver

It's possible using Zapier but could be expensive.

You would probably have to trigger on HubSpot "New Engagement" followed by filters to discard everything that is not associated with a ticket, and doesn't contain your tag. Then you would process it to create the Jira ticket.

That could result in hundreds (potentially 1,000's) of wasted tasks just rummaging through for notes with your tag.

This would be more cost-effective to have a custom app which can efficiently receive and filter down new HubSpot engagements to only the ticket notes with your tag, then either send a webhook to Zapier to do the Jira tasks, or extend the same app to authenticate to Jira and create a ticket there.

Maybe there are other ways to detect being tagged in HubSpot. With Zapier triggers it would be a HubSpot Engagement "Note" plus filters

best

Pete

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @PChung,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

Hi @Bryantworks@MandyDROS@HubDoPete, do you have any advice for @PChung? Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Avaliação positiva