Tickets & Conversations

NBenatar

Wrong contact associated to ticket

SOLVE

Hello,

I have a form that employees in our company use whose purpose is to automatically create a contact (fname, lname, phone, email) and ticket (with ticket info) and associate that contact to the ticket. Therefore, each ticket and contact have a 1-1 relationship. For some odd and annoying reason that I have helplessly tried to figure out with no success is that, out of the blue, we will have 8-10 tickets who are all associated to the same contact and that contact has 8-10 of the emails of the contacts that should have been created. Let me emphasize that this happened much after the initial form submissions meaning that contact X and ticket X will be created properly and as more get created, this problem then appears and contact X will completely disappear and merge into another contact.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
benesch_e
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @NBenatar 

I think I had the same problem once upon a time, too. Our problem came from the tracking cookies that the person submitting the form had on their computer, the cookie was associated with their email, customer 1's email, customer 2's ect. The cookies were then trying to pre-populate the form, which then lead to properties getting over written (you can see this if you view the details of one of the properties).

Our solution was to "add a link to reset the form" or use an incognito window when filling out the form. By resetting the form or using the incognito window the cookies are fixed , thinking it was a new submission and our problem went away.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
benesch_e
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @NBenatar 

I think I had the same problem once upon a time, too. Our problem came from the tracking cookies that the person submitting the form had on their computer, the cookie was associated with their email, customer 1's email, customer 2's ect. The cookies were then trying to pre-populate the form, which then lead to properties getting over written (you can see this if you view the details of one of the properties).

Our solution was to "add a link to reset the form" or use an incognito window when filling out the form. By resetting the form or using the incognito window the cookies are fixed , thinking it was a new submission and our problem went away.

I hope this helps.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing @benesch_e👍 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NBenatar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! It seems you're using a support form to create new contacts and tickets which should be associated with that contact automatically, but multiple form submissions seem to be merging into the same contact record? 

HubSpot uses the email address as a unique identifier for contacts and other objects (tickets, form submissions) also use the email address to identify the associated contact record. 

Could you check if the contact record where the form submissions (and tickets) have merged has more than one email associated with it? It would be great if you could check the property history (instruction here) to see what changes have been made to the email address property. 

The more information, screenshots and details you can share, the better the Community can help!

Thanks, 

Mia 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings