Would be great to be able to add contact properties to a ticket about section

Regular Contributor

Our team believe needing to click over to a contact property from a ticket to find needed information to process the ticket adds too much time to processing tickets. However, it also feels ineffecient to create new ticket properties that replicate the contact property fields we want, which duplicates data saved on two resources.

I'd like to request the ability to add contact property fields to a ticket.

6 Replies
Top Contributor

I quite like this idea, but not sure how it would work when you have multiple contacts on a single ticket? 

Would each contact be shown with contact properties down the left side of the ticket screen?  (It might make a very long page if you had say ten people involved on the same ticket.)

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

That's a good point. I forgot there could be mutliple contacts. It could either be properties that are shown on the contact card listed in "Contact" on the ticket, or I guess just default those values to the first contact associated with the ticket?

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

So in Settings > Tickets, where you have the options for "Set the properties your team sees on tickets", you'd have "Set the contact properties your team sees on tickets"?  (It might need to carry a warning about making the ticket view very long ;-)

You could maybe just add "mobile number", then in the ticket view where you see all the associated contact name(s), you'd also see that contact's mobile number.

I'd vote for that.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

It might need to carry a warning about making the ticket view very long ;-)

Yeah, could definitely get long!

For us, it's pretty rare to have multiple contacts, and there are a few pieces of key info that need to be shown for our support staff to work better. It would even be great if these could be included in Actions > Edit columns on the Tickets list page. It's also only showing ticket properties there too.

Top Contributor

>Actions > Edit columns on the Tickets list page<

Haha - I didn't think of that.  Great idea.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, and cheers for the upvote!

0 Upvotes