Tickets & Conversations

rockzau

Workflows triggered by email subject line?

SOLVE

Is there a way to trigger a workflow based on an email subject line?

For example if someone sends an email in with the subject line "Promo Code" I want the workflow to trigger and then send that email to John C.  every time we get that subject line on an email. 

This is regardless of who the contact is that sends the email to us. So it can be an existing contact or a new contact. 

TIA

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BSmith08
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @rockzau ,

Try using this as the enrolment criteria to your worklfow: 

BSmith08_0-1702430707667.png

You will also need to ensure that you are set up to properly log incoming emails to your instance. For help on setting that up you can refer to this article. Please let me know if this works. 

Thanks,

Ben

Did this help answer your question? If so, please help the community by marking this as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
BSmith08
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @rockzau ,

Try using this as the enrolment criteria to your worklfow: 

BSmith08_0-1702430707667.png

You will also need to ensure that you are set up to properly log incoming emails to your instance. For help on setting that up you can refer to this article. Please let me know if this works. 

Thanks,

Ben

Did this help answer your question? If so, please help the community by marking this as a solution.

EDoesburg
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @BSmith08,

I think this would only work once per contact as I read this:
"Activities and activity properties cannot be used for re-enrollment in any type of workflow."

I want to make a workflow that associates a High priority to emails with 'urgent' in the subject line. So this might be a problem for that.

Do you have a suggestion of how to deal with that?

Thanks!
Erik

0 Upvotes
rockzau

SOLVE

Thanks Ben. I'll set this up and circle back around to let you know if this worked! 

Thanks, 

Rocky 

0 Upvotes