Tickets & Conversations

JAxani
Contributor

Workaround to enable tags in inbox?

SOLVE

Hi All, 

We're a Hubspot Marketing Pro customer and looking at moving our customer service team from Front to Service Hub Pro. 

In other helpdesk solutions (like Front, Help Scout, etc.) there is the ability to apply tags to conversations. I know this isn't available in Hubspot, and am curious of if anyone has workarounds for this? 

(I've looked through the other posts on this topic and haven't found much that's useful in our case, so thought it was worth a try to make a fresh post). 

Our use case is that our head of customer service is constantly reviewing new inquiries and requests and triaging them with tags. A lot of our customer requests are very simple (eg. changing an appointment time) and don't require a full ticket to be created, hence where a simple tool like tagging convos can be helpful. 

(Granted, we know that in moving the team from a shared inbox system to a fully-fledged helpdesk will mean that we'll have to evolve how we operate, using tools like tickets vs. our more email-centric workarounds). 

Our Hubspot Rep, Ryan, has provided some helpful advice (eg. use tickets with priority, create a second inbox for high-priority conversations, etc.). I also saw there's a beta for customizing the inbox with folders.

How have you navigated this? Any creative workarounds? 

Thanks so much! 

1 Accepted solution
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAxani ,

Currently its not possible to create tags for converstaions in HubSpot. Although a user have alteadty submitted some similar idea here. You can upvote it. HubSpot HS product team review these ideas and work on them on the basis of upvotes it receives. 
Sec, the suggestion by Ryan can be a workaround for you, use tickets with priority.
I will also suggest, if you are moving to HubSpot service portal, try setting up Customer Portal also. Its still in Beta, so you can request your customer success manager to ungate it for you. You can use this option here to move priority ticket to your inbox:

webdew_0-1638607085623.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAxani ,

Currently its not possible to create tags for converstaions in HubSpot. Although a user have alteadty submitted some similar idea here. You can upvote it. HubSpot HS product team review these ideas and work on them on the basis of upvotes it receives. 
Sec, the suggestion by Ryan can be a workaround for you, use tickets with priority.
I will also suggest, if you are moving to HubSpot service portal, try setting up Customer Portal also. Its still in Beta, so you can request your customer success manager to ungate it for you. You can use this option here to move priority ticket to your inbox:

webdew_0-1638607085623.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.