Lead Capture Tools

DMeuleman

Wordpress Forminator submission - update contact record

SOLVE

We have a Wordpress installation with a couple of Forminator forms.

I installed the Hubspot Plugin for Wordpress successfully and was able to integrate an existing Forminator form with Hubspot to create/update contacts.  This mostly works, with the exception of two fields.  One is postal Code.

After submitting the form, if I look up the submission in Hubspot, it is not updating the Postal Code field on the Contact.  The error shows "This value wasn't passed to the Contact record. 'zip_postal_code' isn't a Contact property."

I'm confused because this is a default field in the contact.  All the other default fields update correctly.  Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
elizheleva
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DMeuleman ,

Is there a way for you to update the internal name of the property within the Forminator form, so the field collecting postal code information is called "zip" as that's how it is on Hubspot?

For non-Hubspot forms, the system is looking for fields within the non-Hubspot form that match the naming convention of those on Hubspot. For the most popular ones "email", "first name" and "last name", it tends to match them even if there are variations of the wording. For other fields though, if you want the data to flow, you need to change the name of the field within Forminator.

I hope that helps,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
elizheleva

SOLVE

Hi @DMeuleman ,

I'm glad that helped. 🙂

Maybe the errors you're seeing are old notifications or cached data. As long as the data is updated on both sides correctly, that's the thing to keep in mind.

Have a lovely rest of the week,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

elizheleva
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DMeuleman ,

Is there a way for you to update the internal name of the property within the Forminator form, so the field collecting postal code information is called "zip" as that's how it is on Hubspot?

For non-Hubspot forms, the system is looking for fields within the non-Hubspot form that match the naming convention of those on Hubspot. For the most popular ones "email", "first name" and "last name", it tends to match them even if there are variations of the wording. For other fields though, if you want the data to flow, you need to change the name of the field within Forminator.

I hope that helps,

Eli

Eli Zheleva

DMeuleman

SOLVE

Thank you Eli.  You got me pointed in the right direction.

I reviewed an entry in the Wordpress database that indicated that a couple of my custom fields were submitting invalid options to Hubspot.  When I corrected those options in Hubspot so that the values matched what Wordpress/Forminator were sending, the zip code field started updating correctly.

I'm still seeing the error for zip and one other custom field in the submission entry, but Wordpress is not showing those errors and Hubspot is updating the fields correctly in the contact record.

0 Upvotes