Tickets & Conversations

Craig_R

Where is the dependent/dynamic logic for Ticket Properties?

SOLVE

In 2022, is it possible that HubSpot doesn't have dependent drop downs for ticket Properties? 

I understand something like this exists in Forms, but how can it be that there is no dependency options for ticket properties?

The dirtiest dirt cheapest service desk providers have this, even if not at the entry level subscription, and we're working with Enterprise on HubSpot. 

I hope I am just ignorant and that these options, these so obvious clear and default options, do in fact exist somewhere...

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Craig_R,

This should work, at least I'm not experiencing any issues in any of my portals. See the example below; after clicking on the Category ticket property on the right, the left sidebar will pop open. After switching from the Basic into the Logic tab, I can set up dependent fields and chose to show a File upload field for this example.

karstenkoehler_0-1642052568167.png

When testing this, this worked across contact and ticket properties and property types.

Dependent form fields are a Marketing or CMS Hub Professional or Enterprise feature (see the "Applies to" box here). Which subscription level are you on?

The decision to tie this feature to a marketing subscription is arguable, I'd agree.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
CDunham-Wilkie
Contributor

SOLVE

agreed, this is a must! 

0 Upvotes
Kari-M
Participant

SOLVE

Dependent fields in Deal/Ticket Forms should be a thing!!  

0 Upvotes
SRandoll
Participant

SOLVE

I agree, dependend fields within tickets (not forms!) should be available!

Craig_R

SOLVE

Thank you, Karsten. Looks like that functionality is not available to me, as we do not have the requsite tier of the marketing module. Does seem odd to tie this to that feature set...

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Craig_R,

This should work, at least I'm not experiencing any issues in any of my portals. See the example below; after clicking on the Category ticket property on the right, the left sidebar will pop open. After switching from the Basic into the Logic tab, I can set up dependent fields and chose to show a File upload field for this example.

karstenkoehler_0-1642052568167.png

When testing this, this worked across contact and ticket properties and property types.

Dependent form fields are a Marketing or CMS Hub Professional or Enterprise feature (see the "Applies to" box here). Which subscription level are you on?

The decision to tie this feature to a marketing subscription is arguable, I'd agree.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
acjandler
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

That's on the forms creation area; looking for a way to have dependent fields on the "Create Ticket"section (which is accessible from a range of places)... any ideas?