Tickets & Conversations

MPelamonia
Participant

Visitor identification across domains

Hi there,

We've recently switched from Intercom to HubSpot and set up the chat on different websites. One is on a logged in environment, our main website and our help centre. We've also set up visitor identification to identify the users who are logged in. And now we can only recognise users when they start a chat in the logged in environment. But we also want to identify these users on our main website and our help centre.  

With Intercom this was possible. You could identify the visitor when they logged into our portal and when they navigated to our website or help centre and started a chat there.
It also allowed them to access the chats that they started in the portal and our help centre.

Is this something we can set up with HubSpot as well? 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MPelamonia
Participant

@Mike_Eastwood Hi Mike, thanks for your reply! However, we do experience that when someone starts a chat from our knowledge base and then moves on to another domain the chat that was started on the previous domain is not visible.  In both chats that the user started, she was a recognised visitor. 

Is there something within HubSpot we need to set up?

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @MPelamonia 

While I haven't tested the chat, we use the HubSpot tracking code (which also delivers chat, notifications, forms, etc.) on multiple subdomains (main site, ecommerce site, etc.) to get a complete picture of visitor activity.

So, without testing I would assume it works.

Keen to hear how you get on.

Mike

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MPelamonia 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @tjoyce @Bryantworks @Mike_Eastwood do you have any thoughts for @MPelamonia on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes