Tickets & Conversations

anandkjain
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

Updating Ticket Properties using Forms

SOLVE

We are creating Service Pipelines for Onboarding our customers and automating routine order processing.

The order processing requires collecting additional info from clients through forms. We want to send the form links via email, which upon submission should update the ticket properties directly.

Is there a way to achieve the above through Hubspot Forms as we do not want to have external forms for info submission ? 

Is this feature on the Hubspot Wishlist yet ?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @anandkjain,

I fully agree that this would be useful and I assume that this might become possible at some point, especially since HubSpot is working on the customer portal

Another option might be a deduplication app. This is a shot in the dark, but you if find a way to deduplicate tickets by a custom identifier, this could imitate a ticket update (although it's a merge). Insycle could be an option.

You could request this feature from HubSpot in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews requests based on their popularity.

Let me know if you think this is helpful.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JPitts
Participant

SOLVE

I am surprised that additional forms can not be created for tickets, A simple form to request specific asks then defaulting ticket properties should be a default option. Please let me know when this is added. the workaround below would not work for us

0 Upvotes
anandkjain
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten,

The workaround is really tough, as we have multiple service pipelines, and would require 100s of properties to be duplicated.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @anandkjain,

I fully agree that this would be useful and I assume that this might become possible at some point, especially since HubSpot is working on the customer portal

Another option might be a deduplication app. This is a shot in the dark, but you if find a way to deduplicate tickets by a custom identifier, this could imitate a ticket update (although it's a merge). Insycle could be an option.

You could request this feature from HubSpot in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews requests based on their popularity.

Let me know if you think this is helpful.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @anandkjain,

At this stage, a new form submission will always create a new ticket – I'm not aware of any options to update a ticket the same way a contact record could be updated based on a unique identifier like the email address.

For use case, have you considered collecting this information on the contact record and then using a workflow to copy the property value from the contact record to the associated ticket record? That's how I'd approach it.

If there are multiple tickets associated with a contact, you can use association labels (also a BETA) to refer to the correct one.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler