Tickets & Conversations

DennisHL

Updating Property Values with Templates/Snippets

SOLVE

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to automatically update property values within tickets that is triggered dependent on which snippet/template my support team uses. We have specific replies that we use depending on what the end user is asking and we use properties to track the FAQs and overall support activity. I would be very benifical to be able to automatically update property values dependendent on what we are saying to the end user and reduce some steps that the team currently has to take for tracking purposes.

It doesnt appear this is something that is built into HubSpot at the moment so I am trying to come up with some work arounds. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @DennisHL 

I am not aware of any reporting or trigger that picks up specific snippets or templates that are being used in conversations, in order to trigger a workflows to set properties - although I really do like the idea. Maybe give it a day or two if any of the other HubSpot experts have some great ideas for a workaround, I can't think of anything other than setting those properties manually as part of your "closing a ticket" process.

I can see there is a post about reporting/tracking snippet usage in the ideas forum, might be worth adding your use case and an upvote.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@DennisHL In the past, I've been able to pull specific templates by filtering based upon the subject line that was used. It's not always perfect especially if the subject line is used repetitively or if it's vague but it could help narrow things down. 

Activity Filter: Email subject contains any of X.

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MherfelPCN
Contributor

SOLVE

This would be a great add! 

My Story: We use deals to track rebate/special pricing agreements we send at the end of the year. As certain templates are used/sent, it would be great to set up automation to update the deal stage. If we use the template saying "here's your signed copy" it would update the stage to Closed Won. I have added a workflow that updates the stage if a meeting is schedule, it would be great to have templates do the same. One less click!

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@DennisHL In the past, I've been able to pull specific templates by filtering based upon the subject line that was used. It's not always perfect especially if the subject line is used repetitively or if it's vague but it could help narrow things down. 

Activity Filter: Email subject contains any of X.

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @DennisHL 

I am not aware of any reporting or trigger that picks up specific snippets or templates that are being used in conversations, in order to trigger a workflows to set properties - although I really do like the idea. Maybe give it a day or two if any of the other HubSpot experts have some great ideas for a workaround, I can't think of anything other than setting those properties manually as part of your "closing a ticket" process.

I can see there is a post about reporting/tracking snippet usage in the ideas forum, might be worth adding your use case and an upvote.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project