Tickets & Conversations

ECote
Participant

Unsupported Email Attachment Types

SOLVE

I've learned that there are file types that are not supported as an email file attachment in Hubspot. An example is a standard KML file.

Can these be supported? It's odd to me that Hubspot can't support ANY file attachment, just like any typical email program.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ECote,

This is probably due to security reasons. There is an overview of supported file types and sizes but emails aren't mentioned specifically.

If you want HubSpot to support KML files, your best option would be to request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The submissions there are monitored by the product team and evaluated based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ECote ,

Unfortunately HubSpot doesn't support email file attachment reasons because marketing emails are screened more strictly by email servers. Mostly servers say 'no' to marketing emails with attachments for security reasons.  Better to use imags or GIFs. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
ECote
Participant

SOLVE

Hello. This doesn't help actually. In the Conversations/Inbox they DO support email attachments, they just limit the number of file types that are allowed. This is very limiting, especially when interacting with people directly, for example in ServiceHub, when you want to share a file attachment they need.

In these types of scenarios, it is not an unsolicited or automated marketing email with the attachment. If I can't do this within Hubspot, then I need to find another service/ticketing tool that supports any attachment, just like any run-of-the-mill email client can do today.

Hope this helps clarify the need and reasoning.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ECote,

Just to avoid misunderstandings, the product team is usually not taking part in these discussions here, you're communicating with other HubSpot users. As explained in my earlier post, you'd have to take this to the HubSpot Ideas section. Currently, only a limited number of file types is supported.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ECote
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for clarifying that, I see that mentioned now in the other response above too. I will use the Ideas section to articulate that to Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Sure, happy to, @ECote. If you want to make it easier for others to find this information, you can help them by marking my first post as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ECote,

This is probably due to security reasons. There is an overview of supported file types and sizes but emails aren't mentioned specifically.

If you want HubSpot to support KML files, your best option would be to request it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The submissions there are monitored by the product team and evaluated based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes