Tickets & Conversations

TDokov

Unassign conversations

Hi all, 

I hope you all are doing well!

The automation for auto assign conversations is off but soon as customer reply to email that ticket is assigned automatically to the original team member who interact first with that email. 

TDokov_0-1679330351555.png

I've tryed to create unsuccessfully workflow to clear the ticket owner. Could I have advise please?  

Thanks, 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
TDokov

Unassign conversations

Hi there, 

Please accept my apologies for late reply. 

Correct. The ticket property statys the same and nothing is changing. I've tried to create different type of workflow but unfortunatelyh again without success. 

TDokov_0-1680693197177.png

Many thanks, 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unassign conversations

Hi @TDokov,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Hope you're doing well too 😊 

This is the expected behavior of the conversations tool, and it's designed this way to ensure a more cohesive customer experience.

Each time a rep responds to an unassigned conversation, the email will be assigned to them and will stay with this rep until the conversation is closed. If the customer follows up, the conversation will also route back to the rep that assisted them to ensure that the customer doesn't get bounced back and forth with different reps. 

Would you be able to tell us a bit more about your use case, please? Are you looking for a way to leave each of the customer's replies "unassigned"? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
AliaAt
Participant

Unassign conversations

I can give you the use case. I have been searching your help for the last hour trying to figure out a way to handle this:

A rep goes on vacation. They had previously closed a conversation with a customer. The customer replies to that conversation. Since the rep is on vacation, it will sit in their queue, unactioned on. We have to manually check every rep's queue or always look at All conversations. We do not use tickets as they are too much work for too little gain.

Additionally, I'll just say that it is frustrating as a user to have this inconsistency between conversations and the rest of the product. This is not the first time I've thought "Oh, I'll do this little bit of automation to our inbox" only to discover that I can do that automation in tickets or deals, but not where I actually do my work. I don't know what Conversations is supposed to be in the eyes of Hubspot Product Managers, but it doesn't seem to match what it is in the community discussions I've read.

0 Upvotes
TDokov

Unassign conversations

Hi @kvlschaefer 

Our team is not big but it's part of big department and our team members are cross trained and that means they do not operate with HubSpot on daily basis.

We need all inbound emails to be unassigned. 

I've created the following workflow for tickets with status "Waiting on us" to clear "Ticket owner" properties but is not working. 

TDokov_0-1679393678060.png

Could you advise on what I've missed as a step here, please? 

Thanks, 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unassign conversations

Hi @TDokov,

Thanks for the additional details on your team, and for the screenshot!

When you say the workflow is not working, do you mean that the ticket owner property is not clearing when the customer replies to the ticket? Does the ticket owner value stay the same?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes