Tickets & Conversations

AFagiani
Participant

Time tracking movement of tickets by Status

SOLVE

Hello HS Community, 

My team is currently working on finding ways in which we can track the lifetime of tickets as they change status with the intention to use this data for our capacity models. At the moment, we have not found a way in which HS can support this and have been relying on an ad-hoc solution put together by our dev team that involves manually login a ballpark figure for the time a ticket spends under any given status in our pipeline.  This is not a scalable solution as we continue to grow. 

Does HS currently has a functionality we are not aware of that would allow us to do this kind of tracking for our tickets? More specifically, every ticket in our pipeline can go through up to 8 different statuses and we would like to know how long a ticket spends on each status. 

Looking forward to hearing back with your thoughts.

Thank you, 

Angelo

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFagiani,

I've shared a solution for tracking time per ticket status here, however this only works if a ticket moves from status to status in a linear fashion, not skipping any status and not going back. Natively, I believe, it's currently not possible to track the time of a ticket that "moves around".

This can probably be achieved with the HubSpot Tickets API or with custom code actions in ticket-based workflows. Both would require some development.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JonathanS
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @AFagiani !

I'm a part of Aptitude 8's product team A8 Labs. We're currently in Beta for a new SLA Tool called Timerman SLA, which might just be the solution you're looking for. Timerman allows you to assign SLA Policies to both tickets and deals via workflows. It also tracks time in each stage down to the minute even if you have dozens of stages and multiple pipelines. These times are stored in your hubspot ticket property which allows you create reports/dashboards within HubSpot.

We're releasing the app to beta users so shoot me a message if you're interested in learning more!

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFagiani ,

I didn't find any such ticket property in HubSpot that can tell us the ticket time in a particular stage. 
Even through the API, we can fetch and push tickets but there is no time activity log for tickets.

You acn check yourself here: Setting > Accounts default > Security > Activity logs

Check these CSV files if you can find any activity over there.

webdew_0-1625214803340.png

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFagiani,

I've shared a solution for tracking time per ticket status here, however this only works if a ticket moves from status to status in a linear fashion, not skipping any status and not going back. Natively, I believe, it's currently not possible to track the time of a ticket that "moves around".

This can probably be achieved with the HubSpot Tickets API or with custom code actions in ticket-based workflows. Both would require some development.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AFagiani
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

Appreciate the insights on this! Although not a perfect solution for what we are trying to do I believe your recommendation definitely puts us on the right track. 

We will be trialing this to see what kind of results we can get and hopefully improve the way that we track our tickets through our pipeline. 

Cheers, 

Angelo