Tickets & Conversations

Sascha
Contributor

Tickets vs. Conversations vs. Tickets vs. Conversations vs. Confusion

SOLVE

Hi,

I am new to the Service Hub and the ticketing feature confuses the **bleep** out of me. There appears to be so much overlap with the Conversations feature, and both seam to mingle with each other. A conversation opens a ticket that is also a conversation that lives in two places (conversations and tickets), I can respond to it from two places but both seem to have an entirely different experience and workflow. 

This UX breaks my head, and that almost never happens. 

Where do I begin to understand this mess?

/rant off

Thanks

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sascha,

It is confusing, I agree. There are some great discussions on this already here and here.

Overall, how tickets and conversations are to be used is very ambiguous. None of what I'm about to describe is 100% set in stone. How you use the tools comes down to personal preference.

Generally, here's how I see it:

Personally, I use the conversations inbox for chat and tickets for incoming emails and form submissions. I am a big fan of task automation and task queues coming from ticket record and like to work from the record more than from the inbox. Other people, see the threads linked above, almost exclusively work through the inbox.

So yes, it's ambiguous and confusing. Still I hope my answer could help you.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

smerrow
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi everyone! I'm Sophie from the Service Hub product team. I wanted to share an update here that I hope you'll be excited about (we certainly are!):

🎉 Help desk is currently in public beta. Help desk combines the best of tickets and converstions into a single workspace to drive efficiency and connectivity between your business, support team, and customers, resulting in faster resolution times and improved satisfaction. Learn more in this video overview and on the KB. (Plus: here's how you can migrate from inbox to help desk.)

Help desk is currently available for seated Service Hub Pro and Enterprise customers. We will be enabling the collaboration use case (for non-Service Hub seated users) with the upcoming release to all. You can opt in here, or by navigating to Product Updates in the top right corner of your portal and searching for "help desk." If you have any questions, please reach out to your CSM or email us at helpdeskfeedback@hubspot.com.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
smerrow
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi everyone! I'm Sophie from the Service Hub product team. I wanted to share an update here that I hope you'll be excited about (we certainly are!):

🎉 Help desk is currently in public beta. Help desk combines the best of tickets and converstions into a single workspace to drive efficiency and connectivity between your business, support team, and customers, resulting in faster resolution times and improved satisfaction. Learn more in this video overview and on the KB. (Plus: here's how you can migrate from inbox to help desk.)

Help desk is currently available for seated Service Hub Pro and Enterprise customers. We will be enabling the collaboration use case (for non-Service Hub seated users) with the upcoming release to all. You can opt in here, or by navigating to Product Updates in the top right corner of your portal and searching for "help desk." If you have any questions, please reach out to your CSM or email us at helpdeskfeedback@hubspot.com.

0 Upvotes
Sascha
Contributor

SOLVE

While this sounds pretty exciting and exactly what I had envisioned, the fact that you make this available to Pro and Enterprise customers only is a let down. I am not going to upgrade our 5-user startup team to a Pro plan just to get a feature that I can get elsewhere for 5 US$ a month. 

0 Upvotes
smerrow
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi Sascha, Help desk for Free and Starter is currently in planning and something we'll be delivering in the coming months. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sascha,

It is confusing, I agree. There are some great discussions on this already here and here.

Overall, how tickets and conversations are to be used is very ambiguous. None of what I'm about to describe is 100% set in stone. How you use the tools comes down to personal preference.

Generally, here's how I see it:

Personally, I use the conversations inbox for chat and tickets for incoming emails and form submissions. I am a big fan of task automation and task queues coming from ticket record and like to work from the record more than from the inbox. Other people, see the threads linked above, almost exclusively work through the inbox.

So yes, it's ambiguous and confusing. Still I hope my answer could help you.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Sascha
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten, great insights! I am clear on the difference between conversations and tickets. What bugs me is the fact that a ticket lives inside the conversation inbox AND its own ticket inbox. So you have multiple "surfaces" to interact with a ticket, and both are different. 

This is very inconsistent UX.