Tickets & Conversations

MorganW
Contributeur

Tickets not Reenrolling in Workflow

Résolue

To create a calculated age of a ticket (time from creation to closure or, if not closed, current date), I set up a workflow to populate a new field with either current date or close date.  I need this workflow to run every day (or multiple times in day) so that this field updates with today's date if the ticket remains open.

MorganW_0-1627641356637.png

For the re-enrollment criteria it's specified as per following screenshot  However, I've found that tickets are not re-enrolling. 

MorganW_1-1627641274731.png

Any clues what I've done wrong or what I need to consider to get tickets re-enrolling every day?

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @MorganW,

HubSpot won't check these criteria daily. Enrollment triggers are only checked by HubSpot when one of the referenced properties changes and the remaining triggers still hold true. In your case, for example, when the Aged Date switches from known to unknown, but not if it simply stays unknown. If all of the values remain exactly the same between today and tomorrow, HubSpot will not re-enroll a record.

Instead of your approach, I'd recommend looking into @OliviaB's excellent tutorial on how to create a Today's date property. You could then use this property and the ticket Create date to calculate the ticket age via a calculation property.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

MorganW
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Karsten, so taking inspiration from your earlier post I've amended the workflow to the below and it seems to be working (for now!):

MorganW_0-1629363747854.png

Hope this is useful for someone

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
5 Réponses
karstenkoehler

Résolue

Hi @MorganW,

Thanks for sharing! If my earlier post led you to the solution, I'd appreciate it if you also marked it as a solution.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Votes
MorganW
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Karsten, so taking inspiration from your earlier post I've amended the workflow to the below and it seems to be working (for now!):

MorganW_0-1629363747854.png

Hope this is useful for someone

0 Votes
MorganW
Contributeur

Résolue

Thanks Karsten - very helpful.  Reading through Olivia's thread it suggests some helpful ways to trigger re-enrollment on a daily basis.  I'll give that a go.

karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @MorganW,

HubSpot won't check these criteria daily. Enrollment triggers are only checked by HubSpot when one of the referenced properties changes and the remaining triggers still hold true. In your case, for example, when the Aged Date switches from known to unknown, but not if it simply stays unknown. If all of the values remain exactly the same between today and tomorrow, HubSpot will not re-enroll a record.

Instead of your approach, I'd recommend looking into @OliviaB's excellent tutorial on how to create a Today's date property. You could then use this property and the ticket Create date to calculate the ticket age via a calculation property.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

ERadka
Membre

Résolue

Your response to MorganW was so good that I have another question for you:

1. we would like tickets to re-enroll in our ticketing workflow if a client responds to an email. So, we used a trigger that if Last Activity Date fell after the property Close Date, then the ticket would re-enroll in the workflow and essentially re-open for us to review. Something changed on HubSpot's end at some point and we're not longer able to use that logic. 

How are other HubSpot users working around this? A ticketing software is not very useful if we have no way of knowing that clients have contacted us to follow up on an issue that we thought was resolved, so I'm sure there is a trick other people are using that we can utilize, as well. Help!

WF 2-2.png

0 Votes