Tickets & Conversations

ILourenço
Participant

Tickets Created from form submissions , not displaying attachments on Ticket

SOLVE

Hi there,

I have created a form that requires a file submission:

https://app.hubspot.com/forms/3410889/editor/4a72468e-62a6-4bb8-8586-60df8a997384/edit/form

However, when I tested filing in the form, the created ticket didn't have the file attached to it. I receive the email confirmation, with the file in attachment, but the ticket itself does not have the attachment. Since the ticket is to be managed by the service team, not being able to have the file attached to the ticket is a major problem.

I was browsing through the directory and saw this post where the file should appear attached, so I don't know if I'm doing anything incorrectly: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Tickets-Conversations/Support-form-attachments/m-p/269367

print of the email:

ILourenço_0-1611158898295.png

print of the ticket:

ILourenço_1-1611158964510.png

Where can I find the attachment other than from the email?

Is there a way to make sure the file is attached to the ticket?

Thank you for your support.

best,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for the follow up @ILourenço !
I looked at this knowledge base article, and currently File property field can only show the file's link and cannot be shown as an attachment:

Property_field_types_in_HubSpot.png

However, I also found this Idea post in Ideas Forum where other users requested to be able to attach the file as an attachment: File Uploads as Attachment

I'd encourage you to upvote and leave your use cases to support this idea. Ideas Forum is a great platform for communicating feature requests to our Product Team and it also allows other users to vote on and comment on the idea. As a result, it helps the team better prioritize features that are having the greatest impact on our users.

I hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
ILourenço
Participant

SOLVE

Hi natsumimori

Thank you for your reply,

I did what you suggested and now the property is no longer a contact property and a ticket one.

The file still does not show in attachment, however the property does show a link (which is better than nothing), nonetheless the attachment solution would be ideal.

Is this not possible at all?No attachment.PNGInput vas form.PNG

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for the follow up @ILourenço !
I looked at this knowledge base article, and currently File property field can only show the file's link and cannot be shown as an attachment:

Property_field_types_in_HubSpot.png

However, I also found this Idea post in Ideas Forum where other users requested to be able to attach the file as an attachment: File Uploads as Attachment

I'd encourage you to upvote and leave your use cases to support this idea. Ideas Forum is a great platform for communicating feature requests to our Product Team and it also allows other users to vote on and comment on the idea. As a result, it helps the team better prioritize features that are having the greatest impact on our users.

I hope this clarifies.

ILourenço
Participant

SOLVE

Hi natsumori,

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to solve this with the help of your colleges. There is a property of file submission in forms that was toggled on due to a Beta version that we are using now. now the attachments appear.

Thanks!

JMurillo
Participant

SOLVE

May I ask you the property you toggled? we are facing the same issue

ILourenço
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is unofortunate that we cannot have it in attachment. I'll do as you suggest and will upvote in the ideas forum.

Thanks!

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ILourenço ,

Thanks for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

It seems like "Imput VAS Form" is a contact property which doesn't automatically pull into a ticket record. Could you try finding a "File upload" property under "Ticket information" category then add it to your form?