Tickets & Conversations

CThomas74

Ticket without a conversation

SOLVE

Is it possible to have a ticket created from a form without a conversation?  

I'm trying to understand why you would want that information in two places and with two different owners potentially.

For our use case, I need a ticket routed to a specific contact based on a category.  I can set that in a workflow for the ticket.  But I can't also update the conversation owner as that is read only.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CThomas74 Yes, this is possible using workflows, but it would require Service Hub Professional.

If you have Service Hub Pro or Enterprise, you can create a workflow based on contact property, choose form submission, choose your form and then the first step would be "create record" where you would then choose "Ticket" from the choices.

This is just in a test account, so I can't go through the steps after choosing ticket, but you would have the option to create the ticket name, description, assignment rules, etc.

Jnix284_0-1658792483400.png

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Jnix284

SOLVE

Happy to help @CThomas74 

yes, you can disconnect the form from your conversations inbox. Here is the knowledge base article about connecting an inbox, this is the same place you would disconnect.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

CThomas74

SOLVE

Hello, I am able to disconnect from an inbox but then it also stops creating a ticket.  They are not mutually exclusive.  I want the form to create a ticket but not a conversation.  Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

Sorry @CThomas74 I wasn't mentioned in your last reply and didn't get a notification, to clarify - it's not possible to have a support form that isn't connected to the inbox.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CThomas74 Yes, this is possible using workflows, but it would require Service Hub Professional.

If you have Service Hub Pro or Enterprise, you can create a workflow based on contact property, choose form submission, choose your form and then the first step would be "create record" where you would then choose "Ticket" from the choices.

This is just in a test account, so I can't go through the steps after choosing ticket, but you would have the option to create the ticket name, description, assignment rules, etc.

Jnix284_0-1658792483400.png

ClaireRaymond
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello,

This is a good solution, however we don't want to use contact properties as the form submission would override the information each time.

We're using the ticket automation to create support requests, so the same person will fill it out multiple times, relating to different jobs.

We want all the information sent directly to the ticket rather than storing it on the contact then pushing it to the ticket.

Is there any way around this?

We have Service/Sales/Marketing Pro.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

@ClaireRaymond If you create a support form using ticket properties instead of contact properties, that shouldn't be a problem.

Creating a support form requires it to be connected to the inbox though.

Here's how to make sure that the form includes ticket properties so submissions to the form will create tickets in your account:

1 - use the Support template - this will require you to connect it to an inbox

Jnix284_2-1697226294115.png

2 - Ticket properties can be added if Automatic ticket creation is toggled on within the form:

Jnix284_0-1697226157220.png

3 - Add your ticket properties to the form - can be combined with contact properties to associate the ticket to the contact (and/or company):

Jnix284_1-1697226205807.png

Curious why you don't want these to go through the inbox?

0 Upvotes